Why can't parents take control of their children?

As I read it, fox came across as being understanding and impartial in this matter.

:confused:

always had respect for you fox !! but after reading some of your posts my opinoin has changed drastic .i thought you understand youths and wanted to help but you have shown your true colours tonight

I do Liza I do... however I cant be doing with the same defensive argument with no positive solutions. The areas with problems are too busy or cant be bothered to do anything about it.. its getting a little tedious (bit like being in a meeting with the council) :rolleyes:

just save your breath as aint happy these unless pullin someone down cant be bothered anymore with it all:hihi: :hihi:

always had respect for you fox !! but after reading some of your posts my opinoin has changed drastic .i thought you understand youths and wanted to help but you have shown your true colours tonight

Ahhhh. Then I suggest you check out this thread from April: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1119757&highlight=valley#post1119757

Hi minnime. I wonder if it's worth you sending fox20thc a PM? It's obvious that you really do want to get the youth-problem sorted out in the area, and it seems like fox has got together with a group of neighbours to help their kids to do stuff. Maybe I'm wrong with what she does but I think I'm on the right lines. :) You may well find that she and her friends have been able to find a solution for their area (Middlewood) that might help the Gleadless Valley folk.

I wish you well. It's hard being a single parent, anyone who isn't one (or hasn't been one) really has no idea how difficult it can be at times.... :rolleyes:

Good luck with it all!

:)

:) I would quite happily share information with anyone about contacts and places to go to get support in setting up a group to improve your neighbourhood..........BTW Minime, if you want to get in touch with me the link is at the bottom.

Curiously, that's where the thread ends. And, from the posts I've read above, I don't get the feeling that minnime (or anyone else who's whining that the kids on the 'Valley don't have anything to do) has been in touch with fox. It's much easier to blame it on someone else (or 'society') isn't it, than actually do anything oneself? :|

As I read it, fox came across as being understanding and impartial in this matter.

:confused:

I try Sax I try but its late and the 4-M slant is leaking through... biggit up! brrap

* sorry

Oh I get down on my knees and praise god! SHsheff came up with proof positive for my previous statement.

Lets whine and moan and be defensive but actually do something...

erm... let me think about that one :clap: :clap: :clap:

I try Sax I try but its late and the 4-M slant is leaking through... biggit up! brrap

* sorry

u iz tired in da ed fox. get sum zedz n big it up in da mornin wen u iz fresha.:thumbsup:

look if you are that bothered report it as im sick of hearing bout it n you had no right putting their names on here.If anyone else wants a pop bring it on:rant: :rant:

Doesn't matter where it is??

Why should they not be named and shamed. It is only if thing like this happens that anything will be done about it.

I will tell you now if i found out if my son was doing it i would be stood there next to him till it was all off.

wright now my daughter has been bathed and in bed

:rant: DO you know i've just had as much as i can read from said :twisted::evil: gets like you ,you have just with what you have said showed everyone that you are what i , other people think ,sad ,all month,know it all.

Is it any wounder these kids grow up like they do when there up against society like you ,don't blame the parents all the time, it's people like you that make them that way.

so stop putting your :twisted: words on your pc and get your head out of your arses (you have had that said to you many times)

go out and get to know these kids because YES you may just get a shock

as they are not gits like you say ,many of them are greet kids .

how do i know this because i work with these kids

if you so what half of these kids have been though in there short life you

would understand.

so please change the record cos i'am tied of the same old story all the time.

going out and getting a life would be a great start (THANK YOU):mad:

defensive, much, VM?

what I am sick and tired of, is kids who could be productive members of society, being allowed to run riot and terrorise districts, giving all kids, good or bad, a bad name, because of lack of discipline and control from their (often feckless) parents.

how dare you describe me as twisted, when I work with kids like these as a mentor, to try and teach them that there are other, more positive and constructive options than vandalising and creating trouble.

think this sholud be locked before tempers flare

Although parents cannot be wholly responsible for their childens actions outside the home responsibility starts within it.

Parents are ultimately responsible for their children's actions.

So responsibility starts in the home, and if a parent tells their child to ignore outside influences, then what hope is there for civilised society?

Especially if children start off with ignorant/belligerent parents