Who has false teeth?

I include in this bridges/crowns that sort of thing as well as partial or full dentures.

When my mum was my age it was customary to have all your teeth whipped out. I think that it was more prevention of tooth decay/ache than anything else

:loopy:

This obviously doesn't happen now but I wonder what % of us literally have our 'own' teeth.

For the record I have a porcelain crown.

I don't have false teeth but in the future it looks like nobody will. With the development of been able to develop human teeth from stem cells been publisized. Hopefully all trials will be successful which should mean the end of dentures.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3679313.stm

Fantastic news but I wonder about cost. If it proves expensive it may not be available on the NHS.

It may be a case of you can have it if you can afford it otherwise a mouthful of plastic for you.

There is no mention of cost so that may be the case. I hope not though.

Originally posted by Mo

Fantastic news but I wonder about cost. If it proves expensive it may not be available on the NHS.

It may be a case of you can have it if you can afford it otherwise a mouthful of plastic for you.

Is there still an NHS dentist around?

I have a few fillings only, but i do have a small gap where i used to have a false tooth in but it kept falling out so i gave up on it and put up with the gap, it was only cosmetic anyway.

Soemone I know's dad had all his teeth out when he was 20 as was done back in the day, his gums started deteriorating before he was 30 so he made horrid slurpy noises when he ate and eventually, they had to puree all his food for him so he could 'just suck it down noiselessly'!!! (This is someone talking about her dad!!!)

I've got 2 fillings and I had an emergency root canal done in Germany on one hol...teeth horrors eh! Everyone has 'em!

Oh, & whilst I'm on the teeth subject, I dated a guy who looked like he had false teeth coz they were all so straight & even, I couldn't stop starring when he smiled...he reminded me of my grandma's dentures...never went home with with him, must be scary having teeth starring back at you in the middle of the night!:loopy:

I have all my own teeth (thank god!!)

I've only ever had one filling, that was in a baby tooth which fell out a week after the trip to the dentist :loopy:

Wonder when my wisdom teeth will come through or if they already have?! I haven't felt any pain (touch wood) and also my mouth isn't wide enough for me to peer inside and look lol!

Originally posted by caprice

Wonder when my wisdom teeth will come through or if they already have?! I haven't felt any pain (touch wood) and also my mouth isn't wide enough for me to peer inside and look lol!

Oh hun, believe me you KNOW when wisdom teeth are coming, feels like a rhinocerous trying to escape out of your gum! unless youre one of the lucky few who dont feel pain :D

Personally I hate anything to do with around the mouth type surgery and so because the world conspires against me I have four fillings, one was done without local anaesthetic... was not fun I can tell you! and my two front teeth are not my own as they were broken quite badly in an accident...

All in all not bad for a 20 year old :thumbsup:

My dentist loves me... I must pay for most of her holidays!!!

One of my front teeth was re-made.

1/3 of the front and the entirity of the back has been re-constructed.

The bits which arent there are still embedded in my lip! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Mo

I include in this bridges/crowns that sort of thing as well as partial or full dentures.

When my mum was my age it was customary to have all your teeth whipped out. I think that it was more prevention of tooth decay/ache than anything else

:loopy:

This obviously doesn't happen now but I wonder what % of us literally have our 'own' teeth.

For the record I have a porcelain crown.

i unfortunately have a crown @ 20

so kids take care of ur TEETH!!.. brush em, floss em.. and take cares of em!