Does anybody care about the Burngreave regeneration project?

Hello!

:help:

I live in Burngreave and am trying to contact anybody who has any opinions/ knowledge of the area and the regeneration that is going on, because I'm writing my MA dissertation on it.

Would have thought a 10 kilton Nuclear Device set off in Burngreave would do about a million quids worth of improvements...

Would have thought a 10 kilton Nuclear Device set off in Burngreave would do about a million quids worth of improvements...

Or a bucket of horse crap through your letterbox.

Wow. It's fascinating to see the variety in opinions, from the racist to bizarre, but also some genuinely interesting stuff. Thanks, people :)

Will have to come and have a chat about a non-uni thing at some point.

No still don't care, sorry. Is this thread still on here. Then again if I lived in area the project?regen would be important to me. Hope it does improve the lives of residents of all creeds in that area.

i wouldnt live there rent free

We wouldn't let you!

People in Burngreave / Pitsmoor do care about the regeneration; of course they do, it's in their interest to live in a nicer area. However, it's important not to see the money being spent as the be-all and end-all. It's quite possible to spend loads of money on an area and nothing much to change - ultimately it's down to people who live in an area to make sure the money isn't wasted, and that there are long-term improvements. This means mucking in, getting your hands dirty and actually giving something of yourself to your community to make your area better, like fox20thc does. Sitting on your arse and complaining that nothing is improving is not an option.

Another quick point - a couple of people on the forum have challenged the crime figures in Burngreave by saying that these are only reported crimes. When crime figures in Sheffield are compared, clearly it is the rates of reported crimes that are being compared, so it's comparing like with like. Unless anyone has evidence that there is more unreported crime in Burngreave than in other areas, then the police opinion that Burngreave has one of the lowest crime rates in Sheffield is a valid one.

no 1 apart from people who live on burngreave will ever care how it is, its full of allsorts of dodgy people i live on gleadless and am used to seeing the odd drug deal and some1 getting a kick in but up there its beyond a joke i reckon no 1 cares as its never gonna change.:(

please i have lived in pitsmoor for most of my life, i have spent time living in sheffield 2 for a while, and i can tell you, there is more than just the odd drug dealer thats for sure, not to mention the millions of cycling cappers on the estate. Burngreave is messed up. with the majority of the third world folks settling in nice, but gleadless is no better i can assure you