Firshill school

Hi Mick, I have just PM'd you but I have just seen this message. You were there before me and I have tried to work it out and I think you may have been there at the same time as my brother Ian Webb. Any thoughts?

i went to firshill school i was in mrs jacksons class and when i was there my nan used to be a dinner lady and she used to run the tuck shop at dinner times and didnt mrs jackson have a limp and mrs vaughan was the headteacher

If anybody is interested I have some school photos 1952/1954.

anybody interested?

Mick

Is there anyone like me who remembers Firshill school in the mid 50s early 60s. I know its a long long time ago but my memory stretches that far back so I hope other peoples do too. I lived on Skipton Road and like most people in those days trudged to school over Scott road. I would love to hear from anyone who remebers those days. In the infants I remember Mrs Jackson and in the juniors Mr Cox was head and Mr Sims was my teacher for three years. He was a great teacher and he taught me a lot in a way that stuck in my memeory for ever. Anita

I was at Firs Hill from '57 to '64 and I remember Mrs Jackson (my first teacher), Mr Cox and Mr Simms. Also Mr Robinson in his bubble car and Mrs Crossley. I also remember an Anita - were you blonde haired and tall at that age?

Hi Andy, although I was tall, I was mousey. You were there after me as I left in 1961. Miss Brown was my first teacher in the infant school. You may remember my sister Ruth, she was a redhead.

Is there anyone like me who remembers Firshill school in the mid 50s early 60s. I know its a long long time ago but my memory stretches that far back so I hope other peoples do too. I lived on Skipton Road and like most people in those days trudged to school over Scott road. I would love to hear from anyone who remebers those days. In the infants I remember Mrs Jackson and in the juniors Mr Cox was head and Mr Sims was my teacher for three years. He was a great teacher and he taught me a lot in a way that stuck in my memeory for ever. Anita

hi i must have been at firshill the same time as you 58 to 63 went on to hinde house 63 to 67 we lived on ellesmere so i had the scott road walk i remember those teachers you named im sure there was a miss ripley she gave me the ruler edge on right across the finger tips hurt more than the cane of sims i used to be rivlin house even got to move the indian canoes in the hall and i was milk monitor for our class happy days

I went to Firshill between 1942 and 1946. Lived on Grimesthorpe Rd. and used to catch the tram on Burngreave Rd. The teachers I remember are Miss Yates and Miss Humphrey's the headmistress. I was also in Mr. Sims class and I seem to remember that he had just started there after coming out of the Service.

If anybody is interested I have some school photos 1952/1954.

anybody interested?

Mick

Went there with my sister. We lived in Goddard Hall Road. Think I must have been in the infants from about 1953 for a year or so before moving to Hackenthorpe.

Used to have a penny for the tram, more often then not spent on two 1/2d hard licorice sticks and a walk home!

If there's a picture still that would be great.

i was a pupil at firshill first at the infant school about 1954 right through to the eleven plus in 1960. please get in touch via this forum ,

i remember our form teacher being mr turner,headmaster mr wolstenholme,mr sims. do you have any memories?

Hi Anita

Was your brother called Ian Webb? I remember him.

I am Anne Holmes, now Anne Burrington,I live in Cheshire.

Do you remember me as a child,I lived at No.24?

Didnt go to Firshill school but used to go to the riding stables at the back of the school. Thats a very very long time ago, think it used to cost me a penny or even a halfpenny on the bus from near Firth Park library. I used to ride for half an hour, it was 3 shillings for half and hour 6 shillings and hour, my how times have changed!!!

anybody see the picture in the star retro section last saturday,if you recognise yourselves please get in touch via this forum.