Sign in to follow this  

Anyone seen Van Helsing yet?

That new horror themed action flick Van Helsing came out yesterday, so I'm wondering if anyone's seen it yet?

I keep reading reports of it being rubbish, but I just wondered if anyone could give me their own take on it?

Not seen it yet Rich but all the reviews i've read so far have shown it to be a top movie, loads of top special effects and Blade-like fight scenes - should be good! fingers crossed i'll get to see it this weekend.

Watched it today...it's got intersting scenes but I wouldn't rate it very highly...biggest downer is that cinema was packed with mums, dads & their kids!!!:mad:

I went last night, not usually my type of movie but I found it bearable and sat through it without going to the loo!! The way the brides die is excellent!! Quite gruesome, and some bits will make you jump!! I fell asleep for about 15 minutes though, and found it quite hard to follow!

Chloé

GO WATCH IT! IT'S FANTASTIC!!

An absolute cracker, it's non-stop action from beginning to end and the special effects are amazing, for once a film has made a decent Dracula and a Werewolf that isn't a big pussycat.

It's silly but it's 2 hours of great escapism, loved it.

The FX was nice in places but it was pretty much overacted tosh.

Kate Beckinsale's bum was the main attraction I reckon.. ;-)

See Shaun of The Dead, a much better film. :)

I don't think it can make it's mind up whether it's serious or silly, but it does pay homage to the old Universal horror films and it's got Hugh Jackman in it...

Apart from that, I think you need to just suspend belief for a couple of hours, enjoy Richard Roxbough's oh-so-camp Vlad Dracula and try not to get too dizzy watching all those flying vampires. All that CGI is tiresome, though.

Yeah it was good to escape the Office for a couple of hours and I loved the scenes of the castle etc. Baby vampire pods reminded me of something from Body Snatchers/Matrix !

Bride of Dracula with long curly hair was nice as was the Deanna Troy [spelling ?] woman from Star Trek [well at least I THINK it was her !]

Originally posted by rtapper

... as was the Deanna Troy [spelling ?] woman from Star Trek [well at least I THINK it was her !]

which one was this? :confused:

the film's great though :thumbsup:

Originally posted by spook

which one was this? :confused:

the film's great though :thumbsup:

My mistake - Silvia Colloca [dark haired one] looks an awful lot like Marina Sirtis at times :

Silvia : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1278926/

Marina : http://www.phoneback.de/startrek/troy/troy.html

I'll shut up now :o

You a Trekkie then Rudi? :lol:

Deanna Troi was rather nice though, I would... Apparently Marina Sirtis is originally from Tottenham in North London, there was something about her in one of the papers a couple of years back.

:shakes:i thought it was rubbish, but not my thing anyway! only went t c it, coz there was nothing else on at that time!

plus i don't like horrors, n it was a little jumpy! :shocked: