Jimbob's Recipe

We do have some dumpling mix :suspect:

dumplig "mix" ?

There are only 3 ingredients in dumplings, flour, suet and water.

OK, got 2 chicken breasts out to defrost for tea. I'm thinking, we have some spicy potato chunks, so I might add that to the thicken and probably cut out the stuffing mixture.

Assuming they're two average sized chicken breasts, sliced about 5mm x 5mm thick, marinate the strips in a little olive oil, 1tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp garlic powder (great for marinades), 1/4 tsp turmeric, pinch cayenne pepper, a few twists of freshly ground black pepper. Cover and leave for a few hours, though overnight is better.

Make up a pint - 1 1/2 pint of chicken stock.

Large saucepan, or wok; heat a little sunflower oil, with a touch of olive oil in it. Sweat down a sliced onion until they are soft, but not discolouring. Add the chicken and fry on a high heat very quickly, sealing all sides of the strips.

Now add 1 pint of the chicken stock, and bring to the boil. When it reaches the boil, turn the heat down, so it's at a bit less than a rolling boil, like a 'strong' simmer. Add further spices to your taste. I would say 1/2 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp ground coriander, 1-1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, pinch salt, 1-2 tsps sugar. Give it a couple of minutes, and taste the sauce. Remember that it takes a while for spices to cook out, and as the sauce reduces, the flavours will become stronger. You should find that there's quite a lot of liquid there, so at this stage why not add a bit of veg; cauliflower and mushrooms maybe.

Leave to reduce to the consistency you want, but just before it gets there, add a sliced, de-seeded pepper. Adding it that late will keep the crunch in the pepper. If you prefer them soft, add at the same time as the veg.

Make sure your spicy spuds are being done too!

If the sauce starts to dry a little, add some more of the chicken stock, or even a good squirt of tomato puree. Add alittle cream at the end if you want, to let it down a little if it's too strong, and there you go. Easy curry with spicy spuds.

Mmmmm sounds delicious jimbob! :D:love:

I love a man who can cook!

Mmmmm sounds delicious jimbob! :D:love:

I love a man who can cook!

Will have to invite you around for tea sometime :D:P

Oooo yes please! Tea and Arthur! How thoughtful :clap: