Introduce Yourself to the Group

hello everybody!My name is Philip and i come from China.

I really want to make friends with all of you .

I leave my email adress to you .If you want to take a walk could you let me know so that i can join together:-)

email:[email protected]

I would like to join in the walks at some time. I've been lurking around here for a bit, though some of your walks seem an awful long way as i haven't done anything for a while.

I like to walk and take vast amounts of photos. I prefer the flat like walking on the beachfront, though quite impossible here. I am quite clumsy and usually end up on my bum at some stage if there is a down section, and Nomme would say i don't do uppy, but i will if its not too much.

I can do most weekend but not any you have put up that i have seen so far and we have just got an allotment so walking has been out of the question. I also at the minute get school holidays off.

I have done walkin all over the place, love Cornwall, Northumberland and Scotland, but mainly do Rivelin. I also like there to be something else to see, so walk to something and back. I love it when it is early on a cold morning, frosty but sunny.

Anyone fancy a wander round Yorkshire Sculpture Park one weekend??

Anyone fancy a wander round Yorkshire Sculpture Park one weekend??

I love the Sculpture Park! I'd be up for that. Went to Rivelin at the weekend too - it was lovely (but quite busy).

I love the Sculpture Park! I'd be up for that. Went to Rivelin at the weekend too - it was lovely (but quite busy).

Yeah, when are we going to the sculpture park? Get it sorted, missus!

Hi,

first post here so a little introduction-found this forum by accident, only found walking as a hobby these last few years so playing catchup and learning all the time, i'm walking regularly in the peak district and keen to continue but also to start walking in the dales and lakes as this is new to me, including weekends away if possible.

Due to work, most walking is weekdays with the odd weekend thrown in, i would very much like to join a small group(s) one upwards, to gain experience/enjoyment/make friends etc :)

no offence to any large groupie's out there but not keen on coach trip's to walk in a massed line.

I consider myself reasonably fit- i'm not a mountain goat though:suspect: usually walk 6-15 miles but prefer not to route march as taking in the scenery/wildlife/photography etc if possible is part of the enjoyment.

If none of this has put you off please feel free to contact me,any offers or advice is appreciated thanks.:thumbsup:

Niklek, welcome to the group, and the forum!

Don't worry, we don't do massed line marching in big groups. There is always time to stop and take in the view (have you looked at our photography section? That's a lot of loitering!). Especially now it's winter, we're taking things quite easy and stopping off in pubs and cafes a lot. The thing to do is keep looking out for new threads to come up on the walking group page, and if you fancy one, turn up! We have people of all levels of experience, so don't feel intimidated. Hope to see you soon. :)

Just keep your eye on the Walkers Group threads. There's something there for everyone, and numbers can vary from 2/3 to a dozen. Nothing too overhwelming. I plan to instigate a midweek walk round Damflask reservoir in the not too distant future.

Damflask is a really nice walk. I did it many times in the summer when my son was out for his sailing lesson.

Thanks for the welcome and reply purdy, yes i have looked at the photo's as i'd been getting a feel for the forum for about 2 weeks now, i often enjoy a pub or cafe as a treat for a good or long walk especially after bad weather which is quite regular as i walk all year round, am looking forward to joining a walk thanks.

Just keep your eye on the Walkers Group threads. There's something there for everyone, and numbers can vary from 2/3 to a dozen. Nothing too overhwelming. I plan to instigate a midweek walk round Damflask reservoir in the not too distant future.

Thanks for reply,not heard of Damflask before but have done a little homework since, i would be interested in your walk if i'm available, i've done ladybower/parts of derwent, lamalound and errwood before.

hi,im new also im from rotherham.I love walking in the peak district mostly but up for any walk around sheffield also. I do have problems with transport on sundays but will try and attend a walk soon...Anyone up for a mid-week walk please let me know..

thanks mick

Hi, i'm new, just moved to sheffield, have been out walking in the peak and am interested in getting involved with the group in order to meet new people and make friends! I'm currently looking for a job so once I start working weekends will probably suit best for getting out walking! Looking forward to getting out and about will keep watching the forum for the next time you all are going out!