X Factor 2006 Megathread- all discussion in here please

As predicted last week!

Hmmm..... Almost right!!

The X Factor 2006 Final Song Choice:

Leona Lewis:

Summertime / George Gershwin or Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word / Elton John

All By Myself - Celine Dion / Eric Carmen

Oh Holy Night - Celine Dion

A Moment Like This - Kelly Clarkson (The X Factor Winner's Single)

Ray Quinn:

I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas - Bing Crosby

My Way - Frank Sinatra

Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sinatra

A Moment Like This - Kelly Clarkson (The X Factor Winner's Single)

Predictable that they'd be singing such type songs.

YAWNNN!!

"There has been a bit of controversy over the song as some of the finalists felt that it's given Leona an unfair advantage as it was originally sung by a woman.

It's also been reported in the Sunday People that Leona was allowed three trips to the recording studio to perfect her version of the winner's single, while Ben, who got the boot last week, was given just one four-hour visit. Apparently a source told The People: "Each contestant should have been given the same amount of time but clearly they haven't. Despite getting it right the first time, Ben would have loved to come back to perfect it even more." Interestingly Ray was also allowed a second session at the recording studio. I don't know about you, but I think this says a lot about the way that Simon wants the competition to go.

FIX!!!!

:mad: Thats all I can say.

Amazingly accurate!

X Factor accused of Leona fix

The X Factor has been accused of foul play by turning a blind eye to Leona's musical past.

Leona Lewis has reportedly been groomed for stardom by two of Britain's top vocal coaches, who have links to Simon Cowell.

She has also spent time working with LA-based producers, been interviewed on Radio 1 and released a club hit called Private Party featuring Ludacris, according to The Daily Star.

Vocal coaches CeCe Sammy and John Modi are friends of Leona's dad, but have also worked with Pop Idol stars Will Young and Gareth Gates, S Club 7 and Charlotte Church, as well as having links to Cowell's label Sony BMG and 19 Management.

An industry source told the newspaper: "Around the time of Leona's X Factor audition John and CeCe were working with Cowell on X Factor. There's no doubt they spotted her potential. These are the people who groomed her for stardom."

But an X Factor spokesman denied any impropriety, saying: "As has been widely stated Leona has had no recording contract and no management deal. She has been trying to break into the music industry for years."

The right person won. If anyone had any interest in Leona before X Factor I doubt they would have put her through the competition. Compare her against any of the other contestants and you can see why she won. When they sang the winners single it just showed the difference between real talent and someone who was good at doing swing through years of singalong.

When they sang the winners single it just showed the difference between real talent and someone who was good at doing swing through years of singalong.

quite true, this song told the story of the 2 contestants, Leona just blew him away, after seeing her perform it, I had already forgotten what ray`s had sounded like.

She isnt a one trick pony, a quick fast buck for Simon on a crimbo No 1, he can see potential with this girl and she will make it big in America, and we will know who she is in a years time, she wont fade away.

She has far too much talent, and if Simon blows it I am sure there are loads of other record companies that would snatch her up.

she will make it big in America

I disagree.

There are so many artists in the States that are of Leona's standard and better. She's something fresh to the UK but she'd be out of her league in the US.

I think Leona is talented singer but it wasnt a fair contest. I think when Simon said to Ray he thought he was on his way to winning the x factor- the only reason he said this is so people voted more for Leona

Of course it was a fair contest. Can you honestly say you would pay good money to hear ray sing in concert? I would Leona.

I'm entering into 2007's competition.

I'm going to write to Luck and Flaw, creators of 1980s smash hit Spitting Image to make me a latex Simon Cowell costume-y face thing.

I'm going to sing If You Dont Know Me By Now but in Arabic whilst sitting astride an elephant.

If/when you see me (just look out for Dumbo) give us a vote wontcher?

(£1 per call, SMS messages charged at 35p plus two standard messages. Digital viewers just press your red button. Oo err missus.)