X Factor 2006 Megathread- all discussion in here please

I've heard the new series starts on 19 August (the day after BB ends).

I'm not sure who the judges are this year ~ did Sharon drop out? I hope not, as imo she is the only reasonably "honest" judge on the show, and the most entertaining.

Hopefully, the right act will win this year, unlike previous years ~ what ever happened to (the boring and egotistical) Steve Brookstein and Shayne Ward (who imo only won because he was attractive to mini-teenies)?

Please don't turn this into a "X-Factor is rubbish" thread, but rather keep the discussion to what is going on in the show. Thanks.

The best bit about X-factor is the clips you see of the failed auditions. As for the rest of it, i dont waste my time watching it

I'm boycotting it this year because of my own farce of an audition - have lost all respect for the programmes producers. Might force myself to watch the first couple though to see if I can see myself on the opening sequence....which was filmed 8 times in the rain:rant:

I'm kidding myself - i'll be hooked.

It's the same three judges - as if any of them would give up that much money and exposure!

I think a lot of people have had enough of these reality shows now.

Come on BBC and ITV, enough is enough

I wonder if sheffrapper will be there again

That bloke had talent. Unfortunately, it was a talent for arts and crafts. And twokking car radios. And getting beaten up by his friends.

That bloke had talent. Unfortunately, it was a talent for arts and crafts. And twokking car radios. And getting beaten up by his friends.

EXACTLY why I wanna see him again!:D

The best bit about X-factor is the clips you see of the failed auditions. As for the rest of it, i dont waste my time watching it

Same here, once they stop the auditions I stop watching.

Once I see it advertised, I bury my tv at the bottom of the garden for a few months.

Once I see it advertised, I bury my tv at the bottom of the garden for a few months.

You should watch the auditions, some of them are hystericaly bad.

I think a lot of people have had enough of these reality shows now.

Come on BBC and ITV, enough is enough

They are absolute garbage, the TV equivalent of of a Big Mac, looks apppealing but contain nothing but crap.

Compare this drivel for the masses with the recent, and excellent, Trawlermen on BBC1. No comparison.