Anyone know anything about Budgies?

does anyone here know ANYTHING about Budgies? my mum has 4 and we need help with two of them...but finding advice is really hard for this, and i was wondering if anyone out there knows anything or can point me to the right advice?

basically one of the budgies has a swollen tummy i personally think she is pregnant, but aprantly their stomachs don't swell when pregnant...she also has a yellow spot on her head that has just formed all of a sudden?

second budgie has a hunch...seriously. she (i think it is female) is yellow and is hunched really badly...we don't know why she has been like this since my mother got her.

anyone know anything or can give me any advice?

go to the vet before they suffer more!

sorry but thats common sense

does anyone here know ANYTHING about Budgies? my mum has 4 and we need help with two of them...but finding advice is really hard for this, and i was wondering if anyone out there knows anything or can point me to the right advice?

basically one of the budgies has a swollen tummy i personally think she is pregnant, but aprantly their stomachs don't swell when pregnant...she also has a yellow spot on her head that has just formed all of a sudden?

second budgie has a hunch...seriously. she (i think it is female) is yellow and is hunched really badly...we don't know why she has been like this since my mother got her.

anyone know anything or can give me any advice?

if the budgie has an egg you wont notice the swelling visually but may be able to feel it if its a very tame bird who will let you. dont apply any pressure if you think its an egg as if it breaks the bird will get and infection and most probably die. the swelling could possibly be a tumour or something else but see a vet if your concerned. i dont know about the yellow spot - do you mean the colouring of the feathers or a lump on its face?

as for not knowing the sex of the other bird. check the 'cere' - the coloured nostrils above the beak. males have a bluey purpley one and females are a pinky brown. very young birds may not have developed the colour difference yet to tell. how do you mean hunched? maybe it could be deformed or been injured in passed? or if you just mean it sits hunched up with its feathers fluffed constantly then this is a sign of the bird being sick.

If you suspect the birds to be sick then isolate them incase it is contagious to the other birds.

good luck with them

hazel xx

if the budgie has an egg you wont notice the swelling visually but may be able to feel it if its a very tame bird who will let you. dont apply any pressure if you think its an egg as if it breaks the bird will get and infection and most probably die. the swelling could possibly be a tumour or something else but see a vet if your concerned. i dont know about the yellow spot - do you mean the colouring of the feathers or a lump on its face?

as for not knowing the sex of the other bird. check the 'cere' - the coloured nostrils above the beak. males have a bluey purpley one and females are a pinky brown. very young birds may not have developed the colour difference yet to tell. how do you mean hunched? maybe it could be deformed or been injured in passed? or if you just mean it sits hunched up with its feathers fluffed constantly then this is a sign of the bird being sick.

If you suspect the birds to be sick then isolate them incase it is contagious to the other birds.

good luck with them

hazel xx

thank you Hazel, the female who i believe is pregnant her feathers are yellow..and the other, the feathers aren't fluffed. imagine Mr.Burns from the simpsons, the bird has a hunch similar to that, but sometimes it ends up being doubled over, i believe it may be deformed personally.

thank you for all your advice Hazel :):thumbsup: