Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Oh dear me still whinging after 2 wins,let's remain posotive the end of the season is a long way away.

Neil Warnock was last night named the BBC Yorkshire Sports Personality of the Year whilst Sheffield United were named Team of the Year.

Sheffield United are thought to be close to sealing a £1million move for Lillestrom striker Michael Mifsud.

The 25-year-old Maltese international has caught the eye of Blades boss Neil Warnock with a string of fine displays in the Norwegian league, and talks have taken place between the two clubs.

Terry Garbett, Cliff Calvert, Dennis Longhorn, John Flood, Mike Guy, Craig Renwick, Andy Keeley, Tony Moore, Len De Goey, Derek Richardson, Duggie Brown, Martin Kuhl, Cliff Powell, Darren Carr, Paul Williams, Mike Lake, Nathan Peel, Jonas Wirmola, Mark Foran, Phil Starbuck, Kingsley Black, Paul Holland, Mark Beard, Brett Angell, Gary Ablett, John (£1m for 45mins) Ebbrell, Jon Cullen, Des Hamilton, Jonathan Hunt, Andy Campbell.............aaaaaaghh!

And we criticise the current lot?!

Cant believe no ones mentioned Andy Barnsley and Jamie Hoyland.At least Mike 'Zico' Lake scored 2 cracking goals.....at Southampton and Forest I think.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Are you naturally dense. Let me explain.

If the points required to stay up are, lets say, 35 and we finish on 35 we stay up.

With me so far...... good.

If Monty had not made that 'jinking run' and we HAD NOT SCORED and got those 3 points we would have 32 points, which would mean...........Yes........

we would go down.

If Monty hadn't made that junking run and we hadn't won that game, we would have gone on a 10-match winning streak and finished in the Champions League. Hypothetically.

It makes as much sense to blame him for that goal keeping him out of the Europe, as it does to credit him for that goal keeping us up, no matter what points total we finish with.

If Monty hadn't made that junking run and we hadn't won that game, we would have gone on a 10-match winning streak and finished in the Champions League. Hypothetically.

It makes as much sense to blame him for that goal keeping him out of the Europe, as it does to credit him for that goal keeping us up, no matter what points total we finish with.

What's 'junking' :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Have you been drinking my pedantic friend, lighten up pal. Notice if you will the :D symbol at the end of the line. This was put there because the

statement was light hearted. :hihi:

I was sat on the kop and actually thought for most of the first half you could hear a pin drop!

it only came alive in the second half, and when we scored our first the atmos was great!

As vocal as I normally am, the first first half was tense. Difficult to get into a vocal mood, looked same all over the ground. Usual praise to the back of the kop, for trying.

Good result for the Blades last night.

Man City only pull a point further ahead and Watford stay further behind :thumbsup:

If we can beat Villa and I think we can, we might be alright ;)

defo CB- garreth barry is out for villa too!!! good news.

we should be able to turn Villa over if we give them a good go!

I was sat on the kop and actually thought for most of the first half you could hear a pin drop!

it only came alive in the second half, and when we scored our first the atmos was great!

Big well done to Steven Quinn!!!!!!! thought he was excellent Saturday. Looked really confident and looked like he believed that he SHOULD be playing at this level (certain senior players should take note).

We still need a new central midfield! Andy Reid took the P*ss on Saturday - Jags is NO MIDFIELDER, and MONTY is NO FOOTBALLER!! - How that man makes a living from "playing" football is beyond me!

Me and a few mates had the discussion Saturday - Is he the worst player in modern history to wear the red&white? .... we decided it was between him and Bobby Ford, with Spackman being a close 3rd!

Young Quinny played well first half, good choice to take him off though, good debut for him in my opinion, he almost scored about a minute in aswell.

"Jags no midfielder" i was saying in the car on the way back from the lane that Jagielka should drop back into defence, becasue hes trying to do too much. Id like to see him supporting the Midfielders, especially with Tonge out the last few weeks.

I disagree about Monty, i think when he's got alright pace, can tackle and can cross. (saying that i would pick Kozluk or Tonge over him to start)

If you think hes the worst player for blades...erm Leigertwood?? Leigertwood is yet to shine for me in a home game.

Big well done to Steven Quinn!!!!!!! thought he was excellent Saturday. Looked really confident and looked like he believed that he SHOULD be playing at this level (certain senior players should take note).

We still need a new central midfield! Andy Reid took the P*ss on Saturday - Jags is NO MIDFIELDER, and MONTY is NO FOOTBALLER!! - How that man makes a living from "playing" football is beyond me!

Me and a few mates had the discussion Saturday - Is he the worst player in modern history to wear the red&white? .... we decided it was between him and Bobby Ford, with Spackman being a close 3rd!

Disagree Monty is better when he is given a man marking job,to say he is in the same class as Bobby Ford is taking the pi--.

Disagree Monty is better when he is given a man marking job,to say he is in the same class as Bobby Ford is taking the pi--.

that's purely because he is given someone to follow around for the whole game. he still can't tackle without fouling someone though. and even if he did manage to imerge from a tackle with the ball, you can bet your life that if he needs to make more than a 5 yard pass the ball will be coming straight back at us!

Seriously - Monty is awful.

Sheffield United have announced to the Stock Exchange that they propose to raise £10 million with a convertible loan notes issue, with the club ready to hand manager Neil Warnock an enviable transfer kitty in January. About £5m will be for first team investment.

Full story http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=433451&CPID=8&clid=49&lid=4161&title=Blades+in+fund-raising+bid