Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

For all his faults, It was his Jinking run at Newcastle that set up the goal that gave us 3 fully deserved points :thumbsup:

granted - but if that's all he's living off! if we can only think of 1 game where he's made a telling impression! he plays in centre midfield and the game just passes him by!

also - you need to take into account the player he skinned in that move.... Emre - nearly as bad as Monty!

MONTY is NO FOOTBALLER!! - How that man makes a living from "playing" football is beyond me!

Me and a few mates had the discussion Saturday - Is he the worst player in modern history to wear the red&white? .... we decided it was between him and Bobby Ford, with Spackman being a close 3rd!

Oh come on, Monty is a bit of a donkey when it comes to technical play, but he is tireless, he closes people down all the time, makes some good chalenges and sometimes when he passes he gets ball to one of our men (2% of time lol)

Na, Don't get me wrong, i used to be first in line to give monty grief week in week out, but he was an integral part in us gaining promotion last year, and there is also no better man marker.

For all his faults, It was his Jinking run at Newcastle that set up the goal that gave us 3 fully deserved points :thumbsup:

Yes, but one 'jinking run' in a season hardly cuts it in the premiereship does it.

(unless of course those 3 points mean we stay up in which case he should be given the keys to the City :D )

Like I said I cannot fault his workrate or passion I just wish he had more skill. :(

Oh come on, Monty is a bit of a donkey when it comes to technical play, but he is tireless,

Agreed. But there is a young kid of about 7 years old in Africa who runs around 30 miles a day (on average) - there was a TV programme on about him a few weeks back - maybe we should sign him - never kicked a ball in his life, but he doesn't get tired

he closes people down all the time, makes some good chalenges and sometimes when he passes he gets ball to one of our men (2% of time lol)

He closes people down, granted, but he very rarely makes a tackle and comes out with the ball... again, this 7 year old african kid could close people down and not come out with the ball.

Na, Don't get me wrong, i used to be first in line to give monty grief week in week out, but he was an integral part in us gaining promotion last year, and there is also no better man marker.

He was shocking last year, and he's shocking this year, only the opposition has got better.

Blades1983,you had me on your side, but come on, comparing him to a 7 year old boy is more than a little harsh.

A 7 year old donkey on the other hand........................:D

Blades1983,you had me on your side, but come on, comparing him to a 7 year old boy is more than a little harsh.

A 7 year old donkey on the other hand........................:D

You're right, sorry.........

...... I shall email channel 4 and ask them for the address of the little African boy so I can contact him and apologise for compairing him with Monty!!!! :hihi: :hihi:

You're right, sorry.........

...... I shall email channel 4 and ask them for the address of the little African boy so I can contact him and apologise for compairing him with Monty!!!! :hihi: :hihi:

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi::thumbsup:

(unless of course those 3 points mean we stay up in which case he should be given the keyts to the City :D )

Three points don't mean we stay up. We need at least thirty-five.

teams have stayed up with less

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Are you naturally dense. Let me explain.

If the points required to stay up are, lets say, 35 and we finish on 35 we stay up.

With me so far...... good.

If Monty had not made that 'jinking run' and we HAD NOT SCORED and got those 3 points we would have 32 points, which would mean...........Yes........

we would go down.

All hypothetically of course.

Tomorrow we will be doing fractions so get a good nights sleep...:D

Agreed. But there is a young kid of about 7 years old in Africa who runs around 30 miles a day (on average) - there was a TV programme on about him a few weeks back - maybe we should sign him - never kicked a ball in his life, but he doesn't get tired

Forrest Gump ran 2 years non stop :P Dont tell Sir Neil or he'll have him in the 1st team next week :D

Forrest Gump ran 2 years non stop :P Dont tell Sir Neil or he'll have him in the 1st team next week :D

Didn't know Lestat was a runner. :hihi: