Dog feeding advice please

note: Thread title changed - and I'd have sent you a PM minnime if you had PMs enabled ;)

note: arguement deleted

....and anybody bringing their petty squabbles onto this forum is likely to wind up with a 'forum holiday' - be warned :suspect:

We had a german shepherd cross who just would not put on weight. Wechanged his diet to a high protein "working dog" (he was energy on legs) all in one food and he filled out without getting podgy. At the age of 10 he still had a really good doggy shape, i.e. concave tummy and broad shoulders.

Hi, Our Border collie has a massive problem with food, even the scientific stuff at the vets went straight thru her, she had tests, but all were clear...after trying every sensitive stomach food on the market, we finally found one that she can keep inside called Nutro Choice (she's 17mths) Now the only thing is she gets bored with it! Training using treats can prove a problem too as she cannot eat anything other than this food (and who wants to perform for that boring old biscuit eh?) I'd like her to put on a bit of weight too...she's really lean.

Try heating the dog food or if you use a dry food pour hot water over it. Saw this trick used by that animal behaviour woman that drove the e type jag on channel 4! Miss whiplash of the animal kingdom:hihi:

Hi - That has surprised me, most Staffies I have come across will eat anything, Mine included! She's a right ganet! I feed Tia on James Wellbeloved Complete food with a bit of water mixed in to soften up the biscuits. It is excellent for her, she was a bit of a porker when we got her. Her previous owners fed her on cheap tinned food, she had the runs all the time, was sooo giddy it was unbelievable, her coat was dull, since moving onto that she looks fab. Really shiny, bright eyes, calmed down loads and she looks really fit, muscular and healthy now. I would definatley reccomend it.

D.x