Dog feeding advice please

:thumbsup: i have got a staff he is 8 months old wont eat dog meat,he has mince liver heart n kidney what can i give him to fatten him out please help cheers:thumbsup:

pasta

rice n chicken, scrammbled eggs for brekkie

cheers for that:thumbsup:

Won't he eat ANY dog meat? Shop around and try to find a brand that he likes. Theres usually one for most dogs. My Mums dog will eat nothing but Pedigree chum. I'm sure if you shop around you'll find something to suit him. And also I'd suggest buying some dry dog biscuit type food. He might not like the 'wetness' of other foods.

we have tried all different kinds of dog food that why i have tried on here as last resort as he is looked after like a king:thumbsup:

As daft as it sounds, I know a few dogs that only eat cat biscuits. Try those on him.

Then I guess feeding him what you are feeding is Ok, along with adding some carbs like potatoes, pasta, rice, a bit of bread, that type of thing. Obviously you don't want him to put on too much weight, so just limit these and I'm sure he'll be fine.

come on wheres all the dog lovers need your help:help: :help:

:thumbsup: i have got a staff he is 8 months old wont eat dog meat,he has mince liver heart n kidney what can i give him to fatten him out please help cheers:thumbsup:

HYA minnime,

Our staff would not touch tinned dog food unless we fed him by hand, We eventually introduced him to all different types of dog complete meal and have found just 2 he likes, pal, and webox, but as we have watched him, he spits the green pieces out and sorts the biscuits , he always gets the ones from the bottom and brings them to the top.

If he's only 8 months old.... give him a chance ;)

Brude was 18 months old and we thought he'd finished growing - then he decided to fill out :roll:

Feeding him wet dog food or real meat needs to be supplemented with something dog biscuity, as pure meat is often too rich. Be careful about feeding a dog potatoes too. Read 'what to feed a sick dog' thread for more info on that

Don't forget that dogs can be prone to tooth decay, and their diet is key to avoiding this.

If he's 8 months old, he's big enough to settle him down to a proper dog diet. If you're going to offer him the butcher's best, he'll turn his nose up at anything else you offer, waiting for his usual 'a la carte' dishes. Give him a couple of days to get used to the idea that dog food is all he's getting, and only put his dish down for 10 mins. He'll soon get used to the idea that's all that's on offer - but only if you (and any kids) aren't feeding him tit-bits too ;)

pasta

rice n chicken, scrammbled eggs for brekkie

Sometimes give ours Weetabix for breakfast, great for mixing tablets in, he eats them no problem.

Go easy on the milk though - cow's milk can make dogs sick :gag: