Martial artists... what do you eat...

I have yoghurt in the morning, salady stuff at lunch, and about an hour before kickboxing, a banana sandwich or supanoodles.

I have yoghurt in the morning, salady stuff at lunch, and about an hour before kickboxing, a banana sandwich or supanoodles.

I eat naan bread/ciabatta with grilled fish(trout/herring/mackerel/Haddock or even scallops ) /Mozzarella + Cherry Tomatoes & Olives for breakfast.

For lunch I eat Pasta/Noodles with chicken/tuna/steak & a good mix of vegetables= mushrooms/peppers/sweetcorn/aubergine/pineapple what ever I have cooked for the family (and I do pride myself on my exotic dishes).

Or it may be Lam Chops/Steak with tortilla wrap and the Ali family salad.

Ali Family Salad=

Cherry tomatoes, Baby Plum tomatoes, Red/yellow Peppers, Olives, sweetcorn, Pineapple, Tuna/mozzarella with a drizzle of Olive Oil.

Before setting off to the gym for my shift I drink Coffee ( with 2 sugars and whipped cream) and I eat chocolate which I dip into my coffee.

When I have finished my shift I treat myself a little bit.

I will either go to the Kurdish place on spital hill or to Tim Po Moor near waitrose petrol station OR, I will eat pasta with mussels /Chicken curry with noodles/ some strange foreign dish that I would have cooked straight away.

hey im a kickboxer and my daily diet is..

breakfast

fruit and fibre cereal, 2 bananas, an apple , a protien shake mixed with either milk or water ( water prefered as digests quickers)

Mid-day - Pasta with vegatable (tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onions,) with a few slices of brown bread - with a pint of milk

After afternoon gym session

1 banana, 4 egg omelette with mushrooms , peppers, .- 1 protien shake

evening

chicken is the main diet cooked with rice and plenty of veggies- drank down with another pint of milk lol

All this in a day and yet I still only weigh 64kg!!!!

hey im a kickboxer and my daily diet is..

breakfast

fruit and fibre cereal, 2 bananas, an apple , a protien shake mixed with either milk or water ( water prefered as digests quickers)

Mid-day - Pasta with vegatable (tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onions,) with a few slices of brown bread - with a pint of milk

After afternoon gym session

1 banana, 4 egg omelette with mushrooms , peppers, .- 1 protien shake

evening

chicken is the main diet cooked with rice and plenty of veggies- drank down with another pint of milk lol

All this in a day and yet I still only weigh 64kg!!!!

Plenty of eggs and milk there sunny.

You wont be turning Vegan in a hurry will you?

LOL

Lol…. I love the eat more diet… ;-)

My diet is pretty eclectic but i'm vegan so no meat or dairy. I nearly always have porridge or museli for breakfast with soya milk, maple syrup and bananas! For lunch and tea I try to eat a 'rainbow' of organic (if possible) fruit and veg and some pulses and beans; I love my tofu salads and my brown rice and steamed veg combos. Sweet things are my downfall…I’m always overindulging on nutritionally defunct items such as sweets, chocolate, cakes. I also eat way too much peanut butter and strawberry jam on toast…although it is on wholemeal bread!! I find it pretty hard taking in the recommended daily amount of water too....

So...no one here has admitted to drinking alcohol...interesting....;-)

Crazy how many of you MA's are actively seeking to put weight on. Personaly planing on taking something up to help lose weight.

In a lot of Martial arts cases the reason for the eating whatever they want is because something like kickboxing burns more calories in an hour then any gym session (personnal opinion) could do. I sy this as I actively play football and go gym too. When doing martial arts I believe that even the slimest person needs to increase nutrional food intake by at least 25-30% in comparrison to the average person.....

all the being said I do drink alcohol lol shhhh keep it secret or il be in trouble by chekkicker lol

Catt meat I understand but you do even use dairy!!! how do u do it without cheese on toast! lol I couldnt live with out my daily milk fix..

So...no one here has admitted to drinking alcohol...interesting....;-)

Wasn't the question about regular diet?

I drink, but it doesn't form a part of my breakfast, dinner or tea.

'all the being said I do drink alcohol lol shhhh keep it secret or il be in trouble by chekkicker lol'

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Ok, your secrets safe with me...and the rest of the forum...lol.

'Catt meat I understand but you do even use dairy!!! how do u do it without cheese on toast! lol I couldnt live with out my daily milk fix...'

Lol. Theres dairy free cheese, although i dont really go in for it cause its highly processed... You get used to it. I do miss milk chocolate and real ice cream though!!!

Wasn't the question about regular diet?

I drink, but it doesn't form a part of my breakfast, dinner or tea.

Lol. Thats a relief, no need to join the AA just yet then!! ;-) Any idea how many units you consume a week?