Speed Dating - Whats is like ? What are the rules?

That's really funny and ironic! :hihi:

The point I'm getting accross is.

I have heard about people going on these events, and they slate the standard of the opposite sex

Men to Women

Women to Men

So bearing in mind that your dates may

1) not be good looking

2) not be too experiened (this seems to be something women don't like about men)

Why not give them a go? its hard to make a judgement about someone after 3 or 4 minutes, so why not tick the yes box, and try the dates out.

After all, if you do happen to click, then your off the dating scene, and thats got to be a good thing

I totally agree ... I just thought it was funny that you did a recce first - lol as you were there why not just go in and get on with it!

I'd go to speed dating definitely, it's got to be better than internet dating - but they don't do them for my age group, probably due to the lack of older men :)

I was shocked, one of the girls (shes in 30's, younger than me)at the gym went, and I asked her what she thought.

she said "it was poor"

I asked why was the event poor.

The said "the standard of men", when I asked what was wrong with the men she replied "if I wanted a night surrounded by dogs, she would have gone to to the Greyhound Dog racing At Hillsborough"

I just feel people judge on looks too much, the up shot of this is that, this girl is still single, still got lonely nights in, why not tick "yes" and give it a go?

As for the men not being experienced with the opposite sex at these events, they probably aren't...... thats why they are doing SPeed Dating.

Isnt it just hilarious? I think if i went on something like this id giggle so much at the complete absurdity of it and i wouldnt be able to take myself or anyone else seriously. Lol.

Instead of talking to one jerk all night you get to talk to ten at once. I'd rather grow old surrounded with 80 cats.