Sign in to follow this  

Middlewood Parenting Group

WHO’D BE A PARENT! - You would.

Here’s an opportunity to talk about the hardest job in the world and discover practical solutions for your family.

For any parent – Single/married/separated

6 sessions – 1 a week

No experts – every family is unique

Video – practical situations

Enjoyable, relaxed, sessions

FREE OF CHARGE

Begins Tuesday 26th September @ 9.30am

The Pavilion, 109 Winn Grove, Middlewood, Tel: 2855009

email: mw.winners@blueyonder.co.uk

Comments from the Hillsborough group:

“Offered time out to reflect on and value the importance of family”

“Worthwhile and rewarding experience”

“Dealt with every-day, real-life issues”

“Good to be in a group dealing with the same problems”

Highly recommended

Sent you a PM NatalieSheff,

looks really interesting. Im going! :D

What do we do with the little ones while we go there? Any provision?

Also, I hope you can help as I am moving to the middlewood area soon, hopefully next month if everything goes OK. I noticed the nearest schools to me were Marlcliffe or Wisewood and neither seemed to have a nursery. What do people do around there for the free nursery places for 3 year olds? Obviously I would phone the schools but its hols at the moment!

What do we do with the little ones while we go there? Any provision?

Also, I hope you can help as I am moving to the middlewood area soon, hopefully next month if everything goes OK. I noticed the nearest schools to me were Marlcliffe or Wisewood and neither seemed to have a nursery. What do people do around there for the free nursery places for 3 year olds? Obviously I would phone the schools but its hols at the moment!

Well I happen to be one of the trustees of Little Winners Neighbourhood Nursery based by Middlewood Park. They are open Monday to Friday and if you give them a call you can pop down and have a look around. Free places for children from 3yrs and additional sessions at parents request.

Have a look at the website (click on the nursery page) www.middlewoodwinners.ik.com , you can call Colleen nursery manager or Trish (deputy) on 2855005

My youngest son goes to Marlcliffe its a fabulous school and I would highly recommend it when your child gets to that age. :thumbsup:

Thanks Fox. Why is there no nursery nearby attached to a school? There are two in the area where I live now! Ive got two little ones, one is 9 months, the other 3 and a half and in nursery already. I would use the private nursery for the 9 month old, but had hoped there was one attached to a school so he could go straight through when it came to school time. I have looked at the OFSTEDs of Marlcliffe and Wisewood and Marlcliffe is indeed the best of the two!

Thanks Fox. Why is there no nursery nearby attached to a school? There are two in the area where I live now! Ive got two little ones, one is 9 months, the other 3 and a half and in nursery already.

I would use the private nursery for the 9 month old, but had hoped there was one attached to a school so he could go straight through when it came to school time. I have looked at the OFSTEDs of Marlcliffe and Wisewood and Marlcliffe is indeed the best of the two!

Well there is a nursery attached to Hillsborough School but you could make your mind up about that one yourself.:P

There is a playgroup attached to Marlcliffe but its privately run and not connected to the school. Bring him to my nursery were a lovely lot :D