Tesco's 3 Tier Steamer

Bought one the other week for less than £10 and used it for the first time Yesterday.

Only did kidney beans and Cauliflower like, but they tasted absolutely fantastic, and used the steam to make gravy.

Don't think Il'l use saucepans again, AND washing up take less time.

Anyone used anything similar?

I use a bamboo one that I got in the Chinese grocers on London Road a few years back. Cost less than a fiver and I've never boiled another vegetable since!

I have a tesco one too - possibly the best £10 I ever spent on kitchen apparatus! Try cooking some fish in it (trout fillets are my fave in it) your taste buds will think they have died and gone to heaven!

I have a tesco one too - possibly the best £10 I ever spent on kitchen apparatus! Try cooking some fish in it (trout fillets are my fave in it) your taste buds will think they have died and gone to heaven!

I will try some fresh Cod this week.

I thought that these things were only for cooking vegetables, thats why I did not get one sooner.

You can cook alsorts of things. C'Mon folks, some recipies please.

I've used one for years. I was a cook for a while and I used to do all the veg in them and you can tase the difference. Try using the water from steaming veg in gravy.

we do rice in ours too (we have a special rice dish that fits inside a tier) and its the best rice ever, never sticky or anything!!

we also do fish too (coley is our fav) and it tastes spectacular!

Chicken pieces are also good, and the juices from them do make excellent gravy :)

My sister make poached eggs in hers. I don't eat eggs but she swears by them.

My sister make poached eggs in hers. I don't eat eggs but she swears by them.

That sounds worth a try. :thumbsup:

I do a full dinner in mine meat or fish at the bottem ,then potatoes, then veg at the top. The meat is so tender and non of the veg goes too soft. Its also a saviour when doing the christmas dinner. Get all your veg preped (usually everybody has there favorite giving you about 10 diffrent veg to cook lol) then put them all in the steamer on the timer leaving you free to see to everything else.

Bought one the other week for less than £10 and used it for the first time Yesterday.

Only did kidney beans and Cauliflower like, but they tasted absolutely fantastic, and used the steam to make gravy.

Don't think Il'l use saucepans again, AND washing up take less time.

Anyone used anything similar?

Yep, I got one from Tesco several months back and it is great for just a tenner.

No more worring about saucepans drying out!

I did steam cooking before using both metal and bamboo steamers on the hob but this electric steamer is much more safer and convenient to use.

I had a few saucepans and woks ruined as the water dries up.

It is brilliant at cooking small new potatoes, just fill the water to the maximum

level and set for 30 minutes and your done.

I have a tefal one. It was on sale one Xmas in the Sainsbury's in Meadowhall. It is great, cos I can leave it cooking, and it'll turn itself off. So normally, I can leave it and not watch it while I do something else. It's better than a wok and a bamboo steamer in this respect.

I've tried steaming cous cous, very good. Did rice, but not better than doing it in a rice cooker. Maybe the time was too long, I dunno. Done salmon. Great. I normally use it for heating up things too. Better than a microwave zaps the food. Steam seems to be a healthier option.

Recipe for salmon. Steam salmon. Then sprinkle spring onions on top. Add a dash of soy sauce. Heat 1 table spoon of some olive oil. Then pour this over the salmon. (It'll sizzle.) Perfect.

We were given a 3 tier one in stainless steel for a wedding prezzie.

It's been well used since :thumbsup:

Very practical esp when cooking for many and only 4 rings on the hob.

Does corn on the cob 2 a t