Where does firefox keep bookmarks saved?

I need to get access to the place where firefox keeps the bookmarks (long story) anybody know?

Thanks. :confused:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Where USERNAME is the logon of that windows user. And youll have to enable 'show hidden files and folders' in folder options to see it

C:\Documents and Settings\userxxxx\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxx\bookmarks.html

Is the file you are looking for, but you need to turn on hidden files

Just export them to your desktop x

Theres also an extension for firefox, cant remember the name of the top of my head. It allows you to export all your bookmarks, extensions, etc into one file and import them again into a new setup of firefox or a different pc.

Firefox does have a habit of doing this from time to time. Is there any reason for it happening?

Firefox does have a habit of doing this from time to time. Is there any reason for it happening?

I've had a few occassions where its lost bookmarks, extensions, etc. I found it generally happened when firefox had to close unexpectedly.

Theres also an extension for firefox, cant remember the name of the top of my head. It allows you to export all your bookmarks, extensions, etc into one file and import them again into a new setup of firefox or a different pc.

MozBackup :thumbsup:

Very very useful, backs up all your Thunderbird gubbins too, makes re-installs so much more tolerable.