I'd just like to congratulate BONO on his "End Poverty" campaign

Sting, Bonio, Geldoff and quite a few others should just keep their mouths shut and do what they do best which is make (mostly) good music. They want you and I to pay of third world debts i.e. yours and my mortgage rates will increase. Ive seen where Bono lives, his heating bill could feed half of bloody africa. If the debt gets paid it will be loaned out again in next to no time so some fat tw.t can ride around in a Rolls-Royce .

While Geldof and his boy wonder side kick Bono were rubbing shoulders with Bush and Blair in the Gleneagles Hotel, Geldof branded all those little people who have worked hard against the G8's excesses for years as 'idiots', presumably because the VIP's don't want to meet them and so they are left to protest in the streets to get their voices heard.

The G8 leaders made promises to Geldof and Bono, solely because of the temporary glare of media attention. They have reneged on nearly all of those promises.

I wonder what the World-saving rock stars are up to now, whilst the 'idiots' continue their hard work to expose G8 policies for what they are.

I checked out your link, and read the following:

It's commonly acknowledged that of the estimated $500 billion that has been poured into Africa over the last 40 years, the majority has gone no further than ruling dictators who keep the money and use it to bankroll their opulent lifestyles while their disease ridden subjects starve to death and are infected with AIDS from poisoned vaccines generously donated to them by billionaire philanthropists who advocate mass population reduction and genocide.

Erm...."disease ridden subjects starve to death and are infected with AIDS from poisoned vaccines".... So AIDS is due to poisoned vaccines, huh? Okaaayyyy....... :rolleyes:

And "billionaire philanthropists who advocate mass population reduction and genocide." Yeah? Which billionaire philanthropist would that be who advocates genocide as well as supplying poisoned vaccines? :loopy:

Casts doubt on the credibility of the whole article, doesn't it? But presumably everyone else who's posted on this thread has read the article and feels it accurately represents the truth, so hey, maybe it's just me being picky.

Casts doubt on the credibility of the whole article, doesn't it? But presumably everyone else who's posted on this thread has read the article and feels it accurately represents the truth, so hey, maybe it's just me being picky.

Doh..should have read the article! It is a bit ridiculous. Nontheless, I still feel there are reasonable grounds to critisize Bono and crew for their belated hi-jacking of the widespread opposition to G8 policies, and their failure to follow through on collecting what they were promised once the glare of the media spotlight was turned elsewhere.

the only person i do like is bob geldoff now that man deserves a flipping medal and i dont just meen for all the money hes raised

I was under the impression that the money raised by Bob Geldoff actually did more harm than good. Instead of turning the money into aid and giving it to the people, if I remember correctly the money was given directly to the corrupt governments of Africa instead, where it was used partly to fund wards against each other :) Personally, I'd consider Bob Geldoff an idiot more than suitable for any kind of medal :thumbsup:

I was under the impression that the money raised by Bob Geldoff actually did more harm than good. Instead of turning the money into aid and giving it to the people, if I remember correctly the money was given directly to the corrupt governments of Africa instead, where it was used partly to fund wards against each other :) Personally, I'd consider Bob Geldoff an idiot more than suitable for any kind of medal :thumbsup:

You need to "remember correctly" from a reputable source rather than what a few of your BNP pals have told you.

Y` see, at the end of the day, these people are just geeks who can play a musical instrument and write a song or two and/or sing a little. What the hell gives them the right to rant on about the state of the world? All theyre really interested in is self promotion, they dont give a damn about you, me, the Africans, ANYONE!

Ok so they can influence people to give to charity, but for what? To fund corrupt governments. Once these stars have made a few more records because theyve suddenly sprung back into the limelight, they go back to being the people they always were, once the limelight fades a little they go back into "Saint mode".

Yeah.

You need to "remember correctly" from a reputable source rather than what a few of your BNP pals have told you.

I've told you before I was told this by a teacher, not a BNP member :) I do wish you would listen, would save us both a lot of time and make you look ever so less stupid. You know, maybe you should really think about stopping this continuous attempt to defend the other idiots of this world.

think its about time i chipped in with chumbawambas classic debut album from way back in 1986

"pictures of starving children sell records" :)

Well at least they TRY and help!

Don't shout at me cos I dont look into things like this too much. But without Bob Geldof and Bono, there wouldnt have been Live 8. Which, even though got people caring more about the pop acts that were shown, raised a hell of a lot of money that hopefully went to the right places!

I respect those men, for taking time out of their very busy lives (Bono risked losing his career in U2) to try and do something about the poverty out there.

I just wish Bono would get off his soapbox and go back to making records that had guitars in. It's nearly 25 years since U2 were any good.

I just wish Bono would get off his soapbox and go back to making records that had guitars in. It's nearly 25 years since U2 were any good.

have they been good then?