Unofficial forum walk - Next Saturday, 19Aug06

Following on from this post in this thread, would anybody else like to join us for a serious walk next Saturday?

Map for anybody who's interested

Go on, blow the dust of your boots ;)

Just to clarify on the map bit - the walk shown on that map is an a - b walk, ie you'd need transport at each end to return from point b to point a to collect your car, and the two points (Edale and the A57 Snake Pass) are a fair few miles apart! The walk I was thinking of can certainly cover some of the ground shown on the map, but ideally it'd be a circular walk, ie you park your car, walk, and end up back at the car.

However, the text that accompanies that map is useful as it gives an idea of the sort of territory to expect.

Really sorry but I can't organise this walk any more. No reason why someone else can't though, and post new details. :)

I really hope this walk goes ahead and that someone takes over the mantle from SHshef and can also provide some feedback as to how the walk went

It would be nice to know if anyone's interested in or has decided to take over from ShSheff.

so how did the walk go? let me know please and if it was a success theres a fair chance i might join the next one. oh was there many people ont his walk who went there alone? i wouldnt want to turn up alone and end up a billy lonesome!!

It would seem this is what happened instead ;)

Us Strixes had planned to trample round Edale on Sunday, but somebody carelessly let an engineering train fall off somewhere, and Mr Strix spent the whole day with his phone glued to his ear :(

Maybe we'll get out there Tues or Wed eve :)

It would seem this is what happened instead ;)

Not at all! The walk I had posted on here was for Saturday, the walk that taxman and I took was Sunday. No link at all. :)