Holiday won from doing survey on Fargate

That's got time share written all over it, and whats more the 2 hours they refer to will be more like 5 hours and they'll bully the hell out of you and say that if you don't sign you can't have your free holiday.

If you go along for 2 hours of hard sell and brain washing you will probably be offered a “free holiday” to view the property and get some more hard sell.

I have been to a presentation before needless to say I didn’t accept my “free holiday”.

:suspect:

i would say

DANGER! DANGER!

TIMESHARE ALERT! TIMESHARE ALERT!

*robbie the robot mode off!

PT

Can you share with us your knowledge of timeshare then? How much timeshare do you own, and why do you say that's it's dangerous?

Hi.

I am interested to know if anyone else took part in a "Lifestyle" survey on Fargate a couple of weeks ago. I did and as a result have been informed that have won a holiday. I am a little septical about this.....

Yes, I 'won' a holiday too after doing a survey on Fargate. I put the number they gave me into google and it came up with some interesting links about time share, baffling presentations and hidden costs. I have found a link http://www.zdnet.co.uk/forums/0,39032000,39171014-20067354o,00.htm I asked them to stop phoning me and they have.

Can you share with us your knowledge of timeshare then? How much timeshare do you own, and why do you say that's it's dangerous?

nah, i'm not saying that timeshare itself is dangerous, it's just the scurrilous methods that companies use to persuade folks to buy.

Hi

The address is :

Club La Costa

Quayside Business Park

Why do people still get taken in by this? It's one of the oldest scams in the book.

Hi

The address is :

Club La Costa

Quayside Business Park

Club La Costa are a reputable company, who do supply "free holidays" the big but is if you are prepared for the two hours hard sell in Leeds followed by an even harder sell once you get to wherever it is you go on your "free" week.

I have stayed in Club La Costa resorts and have always found them to be excellent places, but I have seen people who are there on free holidays who were dreading having to go to the presentation.

I have been on several of these presentations with different companies, and although they obviously do want you to buy (and are very convincing) most of them that not everyone who attends the sales presentation is going to buy the product.

We always win holidays :rolleyes:

The latest one was a phonecall...even the threat of me reporting her to the telephone preference agency didn't get rid her not to mention I was being as rude as possible bar putting the phone down.

Apparently we had filled in a survey and won a holiday (funny we never fill in any surveys!), and she openly told me on the phone she wasn't offering timeshare.

The name of the caller was LCI travel in Rotherham, part of the sunterra timeshare. If they can openly tell lies on the phone I would be very wary of them.

Hi.

I am interested to know if anyone else took part in a "Lifestyle" survey on Fargate a couple of weeks ago. I did and as a result have been informed that have won a holiday. I am a little septical about this.....

Its def Timeshare and the "holiday" is the timeshare-should know sold t/s for a year :cool:

Buffy, dont do it, ive had a call saying i won a competition and ive got to go to leeds to collect.

There is a link to a site that Trading Standards have done but the link is at work so I will post it next week

Yes you've 'won' a free holiday. You'll fly to their timeshare complex and stay 'free' in one of the empty flats (self catering of course). You'll be bombarded with timeshare sales efforts. None of the above costs the company anything - and the flight to the resort is paid for by the £150 (?) arrangement fee per person they charge. So it costs them nowt to have you at their mercy for a long weekend.

Nuf said.