The Reverend and the Makers

Saw the Reverend at the AM's Magna gig... I thought the music was alright, but that he was a bit of a d1ck.

Tries to look like Liam Gallagher and to sound like Ian Brown. Which curiously enough are two other people i think are idiots, even if the music is pretty good.

content to release a single which sounds very much like an Ian Brown b-side?

You say that like it's a bad thing...

I want to go see them at Leadmill, but can't get any of my friends to come!

It's only £7.50

come down, there's a pile of us that go on their forum , feel free to join us!

Went to the London gig last night, amazing, not seen them for 6 months or so, absolutely top drawer, plus they got 38 out of 40 on 6 musics review show thing, I seriously see the single going top ten!

Plus the video's online now

http://www.myspace.com/reverendmusic

You say that like it's a bad thing...

There's nothing particularly wrong in ripping off Ian Brown, it's just that I'd expect rather more originality and a better song for a single from someone touted as 'Possibly the greatest musical talent to ever come out of Sheffield'

I seriously see the single going top ten!

I doubt it. Little Man Tate have a bigger following than Reverend and they didn't go that high. I prefer the old demo of 'Heavyweight Champion', this new version sounds too polished for me.

They do at the moment but Little Man Tate have never really had the critical acclaim and the push from the major radio stations, and it's only recently that they've pushed from MTV2 to MTV, with Rev's first single it's already on the radio 1 playlist and MTV semi reguarly, it's not even out properly for another 3 weeks

the 'Reverend' is a top bloke, and deserves recognition, I remember him singing on the late bus home from the Sheffield City Centre, and that was along time ago, since then I have seen him go from strength to strength he has alot of charisma and he is from Grenoside!!!, I think you can be safe in saying "we will see Jon and the makers with a number one before the end of 2007". Have you seen the video's of 'Reverend & the Makers' at the plug, that was a stunning gig! 'Jody Wildgoose' another genius musician from Sheffield was his support, that was a great Sheffield gig!!!!

Debut single by Reverend And the Makers, out to download on 6th May and on cd/7" on 28th May

Check Out The Video For "Heavyweight Champion Of The World"

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2026727282