What school did you go to and when?

I went to Bracken Hill 1949-1951 Netherthorpe 1951-1956 and then Upperthorpe leaving at easter 1960 teachers I remember were the head Mr. Charles Cawsey, Mr.Emple, Mr.Read,Mr.Sanderson,Mr.vickers (woodwork) and Mrs.Hurt.

I went to the 'school of hard knocks!' otherwise known as Park House (or Park Hurst as it was more commonly referred to!) :hihi:

i went to huntsman gardens school until 75 then did a year at firth park then moved to chaucer where i left in 1980. mr crowe did the disco for my wedding reception which we had in the school hall at chaucer school

The first school I went to was the Sacred Heart. Dont remember exactly what road it was on but it was in the vicinity of Hillsboro Barracks

I was at the tender age of five and the teachers were nuns. Scary enough in their dark robes and veils and what a bunch of old biddies they were. There wasn't the slightest feeling of tenderness and compassion for little kids my age, their hearts as cold and withered as their unused wombs.

I was threated by one of them with a caning during my first day at the school. I had been standing near a fire guard and one of the railing had come loose at one end. Being near it automatically made me guilty.

I can remember a kid sitting next to me peeing his pants because he was too terrified to ask to be excused, a puddle of pee forming on the floor underneath his desk

Even today, these many, many years later I can still remember how those nuns smelled. There was a stale musty smell about them perhaps caused by them having to wear the same habits every day and not being able to take a proper bath in a naked state. I heard that they had to bathe wearing a shift

as the sight of their own nudity was a sin and perhaps a punishment of 100 hail mary's from mother superior:rolleyes:

Fortunately I didn't stay too long there and was hauled out after a year or so and sent to a regular, non religious school.

Sacred Heart is on Ripley St.

Woodhouse East infant school 1970-1972

Woodhouse County Junior School 1973-1974

Brunswick Middle School 1974-1976

Shirebrook Middleschool 1976 -1978

Beaverhill Comprehensive 1978-1982

Norton College 91-92

Waltheof School 87-91

Wybourn Middle 85-87

Woodhouse West Middle 83-85

Woodhouse West First 81-83

St Johns First 79-81 (Hyde Park)

All fab academic facilities, i'm sure you will agree!!

Does anyone know Neville Palmer, Nadine Palmer. Played football went to St.Johns Public school and Hurlfield Highschool? Friends of Dean Lesley, Richard Bainbridge, Jeff Smart, Andrew Morrison, Jimmy Flinn????? Left Hurlfield in 1982 to come to Canada.

Does anyone know Neville Palmer, Nadine Palmer. Played football went to St.Johns Public school and Hurlfield Highschool? Friends of Dean Lesley, Richard Bainbridge, Jeff Smart, Andrew Morrison, Jimmy Flinn????? Left Hurlfield in 1982 to come to Canada. Played football for Hillsborough Athltics, Sheffield Rangers, and Hurlfield and Shefield Boys. Coach was Mr.Gage or Mr. Gain. Do they still sell Dundee cookies from the tuck shop.

:thumbsup:

i went to roscoe bank from 1977-1985

myers grove 1985-1990

Woodhouse East infant school 1970-1972

Woodhouse County Junior School 1973-1974

Brunswick Middle School 1974-1976

Shirebrook Middleschool 1976 -1978

Beaverhill Comprehensive 1978-1982

Beaverhill eh.I had a girlfriend called Corrine Thorpe who was there then,PRETTY WITH BLONDE HAIR.:)Ps pm me if you know her.thanks

i went to shorrow junior school in 95 to 96 i got moved to that school when i was young in 95 which i never understood why my parents put me there but it was the best thing they did cus i made a lot of friends and i had a good teacher called mr orange and was a funny name . when i was in yr6 and it was time to go i didt want to go because of all my friends and i still think about all my friends even tho am 24 and am a singel parent i wish i could see all my friends all grown up