What school did you go to and when?

All Saints on Granville Road. Left the Sixth Form in 2001

I attended Firth Park Grammar School between 1941 and 1946, now destroyed and replaced by a glass and concrete monstrosity. In those days, British educational standards were the best in the world. Now they are near the bottom. What happened?

Peter D South Carolina

Too much political interference from the Lefties with their social engineering policies, their mission, to turn the UK into a third-world state.

I went to Abbeydale Grange, left around 1984, some good memories but wouldn't send my kids there

hi i went to abbeydale grange left in 1981 from 1977 before that went to shiregreen

my sister also went to abbeydale grange and left in 1984 her name was alison

I left Rowlinson in 1975 having gone through from age 11 to 18!!

I remember some of the above, especially Killer Holmes the art teacher - he really was a cruel bugger. My form teacher for most of my time there was Bob Parnham (pengy Parnham because he walked like a penguin) and the best teacher there was probably Dave Dawson - a genius English teacher in my days. Mike Trevorrow was also a gifted and inspiring teacher, as was Simon Morris, sociology teacher and all round great bloke. He used to take us to the pub for a pint and teach us overe a cigarette and a few beers!

Mike trevorrow taught us at yewlands (I left in84') I bet it is the same teacher?

Birkdale from 98 to 2003, went to Silverdale between 2003-05 for my A-levels. Can't say I regretted it lol.

thrybergh secondary modern left in 1960

the only teacher i can remember was mr winch (head teacher )

he was really strict not like todays teachers

Went to Norfolk Secondary Modern as it was then.Left in 1963. Long time ago now but it seems like yesterday

Maybe some of us know eachother or wenmt to the same school so:

I went to Colley School - now Parson Cross College - and left in 1986.

Paul

This is not the Paul Cocker that lived at fox hill with a sister called Karen.

The first school I went to was the Sacred Heart. Dont remember exactly what road it was on but it was in the vicinity of Hillsboro Barracks

I was at the tender age of five and the teachers were nuns. Scary enough in their dark robes and veils and what a bunch of old biddies they were. There wasn't the slightest feeling of tenderness and compassion for little kids my age, their hearts as cold and withered as their unused wombs.

I was threated by one of them with a caning during my first day at the school. I had been standing near a fire guard and one of the railing had come loose at one end. Being near it automatically made me guilty.

I can remember a kid sitting next to me peeing his pants because he was too terrified to ask to be excused, a puddle of pee forming on the floor underneath his desk

Even today, these many, many years later I can still remember how those nuns smelled. There was a stale musty smell about them perhaps caused by them having to wear the same habits every day and not being able to take a proper bath in a naked state. I heard that they had to bathe wearing a shift

as the sight of their own nudity was a sin and perhaps a punishment of 100 hail mary's from mother superior:rolleyes:

Fortunately I didn't stay too long there and was hauled out after a year or so and sent to a regular, non religious school.