What school did you go to and when?

Park House School, Bawtry Road, Tinsley. Left in 1985!

I went there too. Who was ur form teacher ?

I remember Mrs Paterson, Mrs Machin and Mr Ellis at Whitby Road. Mr Saxon was Junior School head and Miss Cocking Infant School headmistress.

I was in Miss Johnson's class one day and we were told to strip for PE. Of course we all stripped in the classroom down to underwear and vest. Glynnis Smith asked if she could be excused but it was refused. That day she had decided to wear her mothers suspenders and stockings .... what a sight. I remember the feelings vividly, I suddenly realised what girls were for. ;)

At Waltheof I started out in Mr Mawson's class . The only other form teacher I can remember was Mrs Furniss (Arts teacher) at the top of the tower block. I remember Mr Shipley (Maths), Mr Battersby (English)

I would give my right to go back there to that time, just for one term ... if only to settle some old scores and plant one on Julie Caley's lips :love:

Regards - Kevin

Hi Regblind,

I too left Burngreave School in 1955 we may have been in the same class, although there were 3 grades in the same year. I was in 4A but for the life of me I can't remember who the teacher was.

my dad walt atkin went to burngreave school around that time

hi ash, seems like theres only 3 of us went there up to now, was a great school tho and had many good laughs there, i to would love to hear from anyone who went there. I left in about 79 i think it was. :confused:

I went to Park House, left 1973 in what was 5th year. Loved my time there.

Worked there for a while just afore it closed, in office n library, gawd how it'd changed.

Went to have a look around it one evening bout 3 years since, was only allowed around part of it but boy it rought back some memories ..................

I went to Frecheville Comp & left in 82 I know it closed down but I'm not sure if it is still standing. I can't belive I left school over 20 years ago what's that all about? :shock:

is frecheville comp near some fields if so it is still standing (a bit)

Did anyone go to thornbridge school or now Birley community college? if so does anyone remember Mrs Machin the English teacher

Did anyone go to thornbridge school or now Birley community college? if so does anyone remember Mrs Machin the English teacher

yes me!! i left in 78

yes me!! i left in 78

i worked at thornbridge as part of the caretaking staff in 1980,but got moved because mr(ernie wise)goddard decided i got on too well with the likes of kerry parsisson and her younger sister...anyone know what happened to them 2??

Colley Road school Parson Cross 1951 to 1952. Mr Birch was headmaster then. Always addressed us boys as "sonny"

Hello Jim This might be a bit of a shock to you but I had my first teaching job at Colley in 1957 so I only just missed teaching you!

Hi Eileen

Mr Birch must have been there when you started. I remember Mrs Buchanan and a Mr lLndley (woodwork teacher. I revisited the school once in 1997. The school had become an evening college or something at that time. I recently heard that it had been closed and was going to be demolished. Dont know if it's true or not. I wasn't at the school very long but my sister was and she has always said that it was a very good school

Hi Jim I was only there a year also then went to Leicester for a few months before coming over to Australia!I remember Mr Birch very clearly also some of the other teachers but not their names but I do know Mrs Buchanan was one of them, another young one I think.

I took PE and English and one or two classes for other subjects.Your sister might remember me for PE if she was there 1957/8