What school did you go to and when?

I went Yew Lane then it changed to Yewlands just after I left Easter 1972

Mr Carter was head and he retired Easter 1972 the head that came after him was struck by lightening that summer whilst on holiday I believe.

I can also remember Mr Blowers, Mr Shaw, Mr Mitchell, Mr Metcalfe, Mr Morris, Mr Benson,Mr Mackenzie, Miss Penlinton, Miss Fife Mrs Hague, Mrs Honeyball, Mrs French

Mr Colette, Miss Jones and some more I can remember their faces but not their names

I attended Hurlfield Grammar School and left about 1956. rmember a lovely headmistress Miss Reid

i went to high green comprehensive till it closed in 1995, then went to stocksbridge high school for my last 2 years

Hi Went To 2 Schools Chaucer Till 1984 And Then Newfield

If Anyone Remembers Me Craig Bamford

I went to Carrfield Intermediatry School in 1444 - 1948, is there anyone still out there who remembers Mr Kay the headmaster - a gentleman.

Stannington Primary 1965 - 1971

Bradfield School 1971 - 1976

I went to Morley Street county school now known as Rivelin school.

In the fifties, I wonder if there are any more old pupils on the forum that went to this school.Remembering Mr Moore,Mr Priestley,Mr Jackson.Mr Williamson.Miss Peat.

Mr Webb.Mr Rawlings.It was very good school and I hear it still is.

Morley St/Rivelin 1970-1977

Was there when the name changed and it converted from a junior to middle school.

Teachers at Rivelin Middle

Mrs Whiteley

Miss Bone

Mrs Carter

Mr Butterfield

Myers Grove 1977-1983

Because we were fed from a middle school we went straight into the second year which was very difficult - all the rest of the kids already knew each other after a year at the school.

Form teachers at Myers

Mr Connerton (Class "2M1") (Eccentric English teacher with a penchant for quick-fire spelling tests)

Mr Crompton (Class "3M1/4M1") (French teacher - quite rotund but can't remember much else)

Mr Perry (Class "5Py") (Very cool English teacher with a moustache)

Some of the other teachers I remember :

Mr (William) Hill (The original headmaster of the school who had pretentions of runing a grammer school but was a nice old guy I remember, he retired while I was there)

My (Alan) Old - Head of lower school then head of 6th form and math teacher - the school's claim to fame; Alan Old was a British Lion and England international rugby player. Had a bit of a reputation for dicipline but was always OK with me

My Lloyd - Head of year - nice guy, but I recall had a tragic incident after I left (mid 80s) involving his ex wife and daughter

Mr Snell (Games teacher)

Went to Hurlfield (is it Myrtle Springs now???) Left in 1986.

Hurlfield - left in '84

I went to Carrfield Intermediatry School in 1444 - 1948, is there anyone still out there who remembers Mr Kay the headmaster - a gentleman.

500 years is a long time to spend at school!!