What school did you go to and when?

i can do better i left in 1972 i did not no it had been bulldozed that makes me realy old

I went to Meynell School 1953-64- anyone remember Mrs Sargent (Infants and Juniors)- she became Mrs Nowell - lovely headmistress.

Anyone remember Mrs Hibbert she was there from about 1964 she was a teaching assistant.

How about the senior school - Mr Williams (Maths) Mr Bunting, Mr Plant - Mr Bramhall.

Went onto Granville College did a secretarial course.Before starting work at British Achesons on Claywheels Lane

I bet you were there at the same time as my brother Smary, Garry & david Southwell?

The names sound familiar but can't put faces to them. I was born 1948!

hmm.. Arkwright Primary (old one) For infants, then Arkwright Primary again (new one) for juniors and then Moorfield (Bolsover) Secondary, for years 7-11, then Chesterfield college for year 12, then Tupton Hall for year 13. Finished Tupton last July.

Southey Green Secondary school from 1954 to 1959.

Teachers: Mr Pride, Mr (Boris) Cooper & Mr Hedley, he used to give me the slipper every time it was PE cos I hated football, I saw him not long ago & was tempted to 'remind' him of how he used to treat me.

Southey Green Secondary school from 1954 to 1959.

Teachers: Mr Pride, Mr (Boris) Cooper & Mr Hedley, he used to give me the slipper every time it was PE cos I hated football, I saw him not long ago & was tempted to 'remind' him of how he used to treat me.

You mean a teacher from back in my days at southey school is still alive? I thought they would all be long dead by now.Don't remember Mr Pride,but remember Boris our science teacher, and Hedley was our PT teacher,also remember Mrs Carr and Miss Needle.

Hi datal HEDLEY ..... Now there's a name that strikes fear into the heart, always ready with his size 12 gym shoe. If you hated football (and who can blame you) you probably won't be interested in these photos from 1957-1959 of the school team along with your arch enemy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/wharncliffe/Mario/.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/wharncliffe/Mario/-1.jpg

You mean a teacher from back in my days at southey school is still alive? I thought they would all be long dead by now.Don't remember Mr Pride,but remember Boris our science teacher, and Hedley was our PT teacher,also remember Mrs Carr and Miss Needle.

Yes I saw Mr Edley in Tescos on Berkley Precinct a couple of years ago.

I remember Mrs Carr & Miss Needle she always wore a shorter than short skirt all the time, she was a PT teacher for the girls.

I remember her very well, I scratched my back with a ruler & she called me out to the front & caned me with the thickest cane in the school, that hard she dislocated my fingers & I was in agony for months, if it was today maybe I could have sued her for gbh.

Hi datal HEDLEY ..... Now there's a name that strikes fear into the heart, always ready with his size 12 gym shoe. If you hated football (and who can blame you) you probably won't be interested in these photos from 1957-1959 of the school team along with your arch enemy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/wharncliffe/Mario/.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/wharncliffe/Mario/-1.jpg

Pietro!!! Thanks so much for the pics..... Yes thats the sadistic get!!!!

On both photo's (bottom left) I'm sure it's Bernard Shaw who was my best buddy, his mum was a lovely person, as you may know his older brother Graham was a footballer & Bernard played for England, he now owns a pub in Baslow.

Do you remember Nevill Marshall he was built like a brick sh*thouse & always good at every sport.

Micky Schofield was another mate of mine, he was one of the last 'Little mesters' left in the city, I don't know if he's still working tho'.

He was the best long distance runner in the school & I was the worse, so when we set off I used to jump on his back to slow him down, it used to give us a giggle.

Pietro!!! Thanks so much for the pics..... Yes thats the sadistic get!!!!

On both photo's (bottom left) I'm sure it's Bernard Shaw who was my best buddy, his mum was a lovely person, as you may know his older brother Graham was a footballer & Bernard played for England, he now owns a pub in Baslow.

Do you remember Nevill Marshall he was built like a brick sh*thouse & always good at every sport.

Micky Schofield was another mate of mine, he was one of the last 'Little mesters' left in the city, I don't know if he's still working tho'.

He was the best long distance runner in the school & I was the worse, so when we set off I used to jump on his back to slow him down, it used to give us a giggle.

Hi datal,it looks like we were at school at the same time,you've sure stirred some memories,i also looked at the photo's and thought the kid on bottom row extreme left was Bernard but i wasn't sure,and Mick Schofield and Neville Marshall,didn't Neville suffer badly from acne or is my memory as bad as i think it is.I was a friend of Bernard up to leaving school,the only schoolmates i've seen in recent years is Tony Smith (Biff) do you remember him,last time i saw him he was working at Morrisons at hillsborough,also saw Barry Allsop but that would be about 10 years ago.Do you remember John Radford,he lives just down the road from me,he's not so well nowadays but he still likes a pint or two in Southey club.

Maybe some of us know eachother or wenmt to the same school so:

I went to Colley School - now Parson Cross College - and left in 1986.

Paul

i went to owler lane higi school when mr hall was the hed