What school did you go to and when?

I went to Malin bridge Primary and then Wisewood between 1996-2000

I really must get out more....

Just read through this thread. Started at page 45 and worked backwards.

Got fed up at page 20 so had a look around elsewhere.

Came back and read page 1 to 20, lol.

It seems I spent my whole school life on mi own. No one was at my schools at the same time as I was.

Morley street Junior Infants from school age (whatever that was) until 1962.

Firth Park Grammar School..1962 to 1967.

I really must get out more....

Just read through this thread. Started at page 45 and worked backwards.

Got fed up at page 20 so had a look around elsewhere.

Came back and read page 1 to 20, lol.

It seems I spent my whole school life on mi own. No one was at my schools at the same time as I was.

Morley street Junior Infants from school age (whatever that was) until 1962.

Firth Park Grammar School..1962 to 1967.

ALLEN look at thread Grammar schools in 1950, I attended the RED CAPS in 1945-6 before going to the Central Tech. Recently I visited Sheffield and went for a nostalgic look at Firth Park. It was just a building site, when was it finally closed. I was also hoping to take a photo ,alas not possible, do you happen to have one. My paternal grandma lived in the corner house opposite the school ,if we kicked a ball into her garden my mates used to send me to get it back, we never did , she had a cupboard full of balls.

ALLEN look at thread Grammar schools in 1950, I attended the RED CAPS in 1945-6 before going to the Central Tech. Recently I visited Sheffield and went for a nostalgic look at Firth Park. It was just a building site, when was it finally closed. I was also hoping to take a photo ,alas not possible, do you happen to have one. My paternal grandma lived in the corner house opposite the school ,if we kicked a ball into her garden my mates used to send me to get it back, we never did , she had a cupboard full of balls.

Hi Janner.

I think you'll find this site interesting.

There are quite a few photos of the old building to be found.

The guided tour I found very interesting.

Yewlands, left in 1980, then went to Stocksbridge college for a year.

Duchess Road 1957-61

Lowfield 1961-65

King Ecgbert 1965-71

My dad was caretaker at Duchess Road School.

Does anyone have any memories of any of these schools - I know it's a long time ago but think hard.:)

i went to duchess road but it was about 1972 when i started , i remember having my bare calf slapped on the stage infront of the whole school for pulling a leaf off a plant , very harsh but i never did it again :(

then i went to woodseats and following that king Ecberts where i spent alot of time outside mrs perry's and mr solways office .

i went to city school, left in 87. Hated it but god wish i was at school now i miss everyone and some of the teachers are still there. My daughter left last year and parents evenings were good seeing some of the teachers that were there. anyone remember mr parsonage he was my french teacher he passed away bless not very old either. the biggest difference now is lokcked gates and doors and sercurity gaurds (wow) is it that bad lol

I went to City School on Stradbrooke road , Left in 1989 . My nephews both go there now .The sports halls still falling down the banking !!!!!

hi think i know you if so say hi to your Becki for me lol

I went to Gleadless Valley comp it was bulldozed years ago, I left in 1979 cause Im OLD!

i can do better ileft in 1972 did not no it had been bulldozed that makes me realy old