What school did you go to and when?

i went to beaverhill school i left in 1988 god it seems like yesterday, i have got a page on freinds reunited and i have got in touch with a lot of my old school freinds, has anybody else?

I attended Greystones in 1950 to 1954 Mr Reeman was Head My name Janet Wilson Bubbles. I should lov e a reunion

Hi all just found this site, wow what have I been missing? :D I went to Longley Infants + Junior to 1964. Shirecliffe Seconadary 1964 to 1966. Chaucer Comprehensive 1966 to 1970 [Lower 6th]. Must say though I was not what you swould call a star pupil :loopy:.At Chaucer I remember Mr Humpstone, in his gown, Mr Adams, Miss [sister] Jackson, Mrs [aggie] Storr, Mr [Les] Collinson, Mr [Alan] Howland, Mr Littlewood, Mr Basham, Miss Coatesworth, Mr Cornthwaite, Mr Price/Pierce?, Also the fire in Science/6th Form Block. Phew brings the memories rolling back:confused:

i went to chaucer left in either 88 or 89 cant remember

Anyone here who went to Bole Hill School then Myers (left 1972)

Lived either bottom of Crookes or Walkley. Aged about 51-52

no one went to king edward vii school?? :shock:

i quit there around five years ago, then tried a year at norton..

I was at Hallam School and then King Teds, I left in 1986 at age 14. It was a good school but I wasn't interested in working while I was there, so I left early with zero exams under my (foolish) belt!! :loopy::loopy:

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Edited by mikeybaby72
Due to my poor spelling (I left school too early)!!!!

Went to Oughtibridge school, then to King Edwards myself.

had a great time

When were you at King Teds? :huh::confused:

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I went to hunters bar infant and junior school until 1970 then i went up to high storrs until 1975..anyone else here go to these two schools??

I went to Upperthore, left 1962 - so any of you pensioners out there

Southey Green Secondary school from 1954 to 1959.

Teachers: Mr Pride, Mr (Boris) Cooper & Mr Hedley, he used to give me the slipper every time it was PE cos I hated football, I saw him not long ago & was tempted to 'remind' him of how he used to treat me.

I attended Southey Green Secondary from 1957 until July `61. I remember Mr Hedley very well. One of his favourite "punishments", was to get all the lads lined up ready to enter school in the morning,ask for silence and then wait for a while..... Obviously being young lads someone always spoke. At this point Mr Hedley would ask the culprit to step out of the line and own up. They never did of course. So Mr Hedley who had allowed a generous 60 seconds in which the culprit could do the decent thing, would order everyone into the Gym/Hall. Wherupon he ordered all the lads, and I do mean every lad in the school, to bend over. There would be a pause of perhaps 30 secs or so to build tension, then he would walk down the line of boys and wallop their backsides with a plimsol as he went. In truth it didn`t hurt that much and I could never see what the point of this excercise was. Any suggestions?

I first went to Monteney Primary School in parson cross (1994-2002), and then went to Yewlands School (2002-2007):)

Edited by AmyJ90