What school did you go to and when?

i went to foxhill till mid 70's then to yewlands till 1980.

Went to Beaver hill Handsworth from 1979 to 1983 I think!!!!! OMG so long ago before that I went whitbey road AKA greenlands. Last name Thorpe

i went to foxhill till mid 70's then to yewlands till 1980.

I went to Yewlands in 1980 so I started just as you were leaving, so our paths may have crossed! I bet the same teachers were there, spooky really, because back then we would have been worlds apart age wise and now we are older not really that far apart.

I went to Foxhill late 60's early 70's, the teachers i remember: Mr Parkin, Mr Youle, Miss Bowie, Mrs Jones, Mrs Brown, Mrs Robinson, Mr Morson, Mrs Whitacker, Mrs Whitbread, Mrs Price, Mrs Knights, Mr Reville

Pupils i remember: dianna Lees, tracey oates, theresa gaffeney, joanne knights, anna hodgson, suzanne bradley, sally anne weston, valerie chambers, debra cooper, beverley baxter, sharon tether, joanne doane, carron pearson, lynne owen, maria jess, karen smith, yvette crocker, june bottom, lynne sharpe, julie cartledge, julie gregory, michelle cave, christine dunkley, garry travis, dean edley, chris samson, barry pollard, chris McCale, carl varley, peter moore, gary kemp, jonathan womack, andrew grocock, john taylor, peter winstanley, peter kitson, john nicolson, anthony chapman, jamie young, stephen naylor, jonathan palmer (i remember he frequently stuck rubbers up his nose, if he was in Mr Revilles class he used to throw the black board wiper at him)

if you can think of anyone else please add to the list.

i can't believe i can actually remember this many, it's 35+ years ago, just hope someone can remembers me. LOL.

I did go to school ..not that it did much for me! I was at Notre Dame between 1986 -1991 oh wat a ball i had !!! Not!!! Quite a poor year group dont think it helped much...also went to Sacred Heart 1981-86..anyone go there ?? it was a time of fun and fun and fun....liberal education system so much fun ..guaranteed though not to be able to read, write and do simple arithmetic too!!! But it was fun!!! lol Thankfully i educated myself outside school and managed to get thro uni and into the civil service...

I went to Hinde House School from 1984-1988 I remember Mr Elliott being the headmaster at the time.

I went to Bracken Hill 1949-1951 Netherthorpe 1951-1956 and then Upperthorpe leaving at easter 1960 teachers I remember were the head Mr. Charles Cawsey, Mr.Emple, Mr.Read,Mr.Sanderson,Mr.vickers (woodwork) and Mrs.Hurt.

I went to the 'school of hard knocks!' otherwise known as Park House (or Park Hurst as it was more commonly referred to!) :hihi:

i went to huntsman gardens school until 75 then did a year at firth park then moved to chaucer where i left in 1980. mr crowe did the disco for my wedding reception which we had in the school hall at chaucer school

Attended Rowlinson School 1972 to 76.

The first school I went to was the Sacred Heart. Dont remember exactly what road it was on but it was in the vicinity of Hillsboro Barracks

I was at the tender age of five and the teachers were nuns. Scary enough in their dark robes and veils and what a bunch of old biddies they were. There wasn't the slightest feeling of tenderness and compassion for little kids my age, their hearts as cold and withered as their unused wombs.

I was threated by one of them with a caning during my first day at the school. I had been standing near a fire guard and one of the railing had come loose at one end. Being near it automatically made me guilty.

I can remember a kid sitting next to me peeing his pants because he was too terrified to ask to be excused, a puddle of pee forming on the floor underneath his desk

Even today, these many, many years later I can still remember how those nuns smelled. There was a stale musty smell about them perhaps caused by them having to wear the same habits every day and not being able to take a proper bath in a naked state. I heard that they had to bathe wearing a shift

as the sight of their own nudity was a sin and perhaps a punishment of 100 hail mary's from mother superior:rolleyes:

Fortunately I didn't stay too long there and was hauled out after a year or so and sent to a regular, non religious school.

Sacred Heart is on Ripley St.

Woodhouse East infant school 1970-1972

Woodhouse County Junior School 1973-1974

Brunswick Middle School 1974-1976

Shirebrook Middleschool 1976 -1978

Beaverhill Comprehensive 1978-1982