What school did you go to and when?

The City School,

Stradbroke Rd,

Sheffield

Proper crazy school that place!

My favourite teacher was Mr Tingle

when did you leave?

mr tingle was great.

my favorite teacher has got to be mr corney (maths)

Woodthorpe Infants

Woodthorpe Middle

City Comp - left 77

City Teachers I can remember: Hughes (Head), Sanderson (Dep head Boys) Porter (Dep head Girls) Drage (maths) Gardiner (English) Fletcher (history) Kitson (art) Frow (PE) Jackson (English)

i left in 96 and mr sanderson, mr porter, mr fletcher and miss jackson were there then. :o

I went to City School on Stradbrooke road , Left in 1989 . My nephews both go there now .The sports halls still falling down the banking !!!!!

ahhh the sports hall. with the red double doors round the back as we lovingly called it the smokers corner.

i went to shirebrook nursery, first and middle school from 1981/82 till 1990/91.

then went to city school till 1996.

Park House School, Bawtry Road, Tinsley. Left in 1985!

i went to southey,64-72,then on to chaucer 72-76,where i had the dubious pleasure of meeting the graham garden lookalike mr wells,a tosser who got off on bullying kids,even up to his retirement a couple of years ago.

Birley Infants and Middle School 1969-1976

Thornbridge Comp (its called Birley Community College now) 1976-1980

If you've seen the school in Kes, thats what Thornbridge was like then.. even the sports teacher (Billy Whizz Evans)

i worked at thornbridge in 80,as a trainee caretaker,kerry parssison was just leaving ,wow...wot a good lookin girl.

Birley Infants and Middle School 1969-1976

Thornbridge Comp (its called Birley Community College now) 1976-1980

If you've seen the school in Kes, thats what Thornbridge was like then.. even the sports teacher (Billy Whizz Evans)

Anyone who attended Ecclesfield G.S.in the 50s would tell you that the Gym teacher in Kes was undoudtidly "Billy Buck",which is not surprising as Barry Hines,the author,was a pupil there.

Anyone who attended Ecclesfield G.S.in the 50s would tell you that the Gym teacher in Kes was undoudtidly "Billy Buck",which is not surprising as Barry Hines,the author,was a pupil there.

Is that reyt then tonio? Al tell ar Jud abart thee an this teacher ar tha's! :hihi:

Hi I lived at Pitsmoor so I went to Ellesmere Infants & Juniors then failimng the scholarship I went to Burngreave Senioe School, left in the 4th year because my parents moved due to slum clearnce scheme to Stradbroke, so went to Brook School, any out there who went to any of these schools??

Hi I lived at Pitsmoor so I went to Ellesmere Infants & Juniors then failimng the scholarship I went to Burngreave Senioe School, left in the 4th year because my parents moved due to slum clearnce scheme to Stradbroke, so went to Brook School, any out there who went to any of these schools??

Hi Taffy124, yes I went to Burngreave School, I think a little before your time 1951 to 1955. If you look back through the thread you should beable to pickup on others that went there.

I was at Waltheof (On the Manor) between 1966 and 1970

Whitby Road Juniors (Darnall) 1962-66

Happy days - Kevin :hihi: