What school did you go to and when?

I went to Rowlinson from 1976 to 1982

It was a horrid school , bullying was rife and there was absolutly no support from staff who turned a blind eye to it and even lied about what was going on .

The education recieved was sub standard and people who had educational differculties were ignored,

I hated every day of it although it did improve in the sixth form anyone remember Mr dixon (Head)

Mr Dawson Drama, he still around and is often seen in hunters bar

Mr Sanderson Music he works around sheffield now and at Birkdale

Miss Douglas

Mrs Stonehewer

mr Ashmoor

mrs Miller

mrs Abson

mr Scaif

mr Gom (Deseased)

Mr Williams (deaseased)

Mrs Cutts

Mr Holmes (Killer)

Mrs Holmes.

Mr Tweedy

Mrs Holland

Mr Brook

Miss Glass

Miss Doherty

Mrs Peat (music)

Mrs Bagshaw

Mr Howard

mr Boyce

mr Laybourn

Miss Duncan

Miss Woodman

Mr and Mrs Wakefield.

Mr Reddish

Mrs Shortland

Mrs Bacon

mrs Bullock

Mrs Levic

Any info please :)

I was at Rowlinson 1972 1977 hated every minute remember mrs stonehewer, Killer homes (F****** bully) Mr Wakefield did he teach geography and P.E? Miss duncan gather she never married.

I went to Carter Lodge (now defunct) in Hackenthorpe until 1970

What school ? Gee i dun'o i just cant remember that far back but i think we all sat in front of the cave while one of the elders drew pic's in the sand:hihi::hihi::hihi::rolleyes:

What school ? Gee i dun'o i just cant remember that far back but i think we all sat in front of the cave while one of the elders drew pic's in the sand:hihi::hihi::hihi::rolleyes:

oooh you might know my dad then :hihi:

I think I went to the same school. Did the elder have a big club?

I went to Burngreave school, left in 1955, yes 1955 showing my age now. Scocroft was headmaster. Junior school was Pye bank.

this was just off Rock st. still there now.

I left there in 1952 & Scowcroft was the head warder then also with his trusted assistant Miss King.

Na then Lazyherbert I think thi' memories going a bit. I was there in 1952 and don't ever remember a miss King, infact don't recall there being any women teachers in the boys school. Of course on the girls side there was the dreaded Miss Yates, thank goodness she had nothing to do with us lads.

Na then Lazyherbert I think thi' memories going a bit. I was there in 1952 and don't ever remember a miss King, infact don't recall there being any women teachers in the boys school. Of course on the girls side there was the dreaded Miss Yates, thank goodness she had nothing to do with us lads.

Miss king was scawcrofts secretary.

Sorry about that, it must be me that is having memory problems, I don't remember her at all. I thought I was his secretary in my first year, as our room was next door to Scowcrofts office, room 61 if I recall. He has a buzzer in that room which he pressed when he wanted an errand boy. I lived at a post office so he used to call for me to post all his mail when I went home for lunch.

i went to meadowhead 98-03, now they've gone and knocked my school down and made a fancy new one.

I had the great pleasure of walking up and down the wet muddy field about 5 times a day! :P

Carter Lodge School Hackenthorpe. 1970 - 1976. I remember most of the teachers - Maurice Feinberg, Mr Peters, Mr Pettit, Barbara Cox, Mr. Barton, Terry Stapely, Freddie Fisher, John Foster, Spike Elliot, Avril Harding (Schwiiiing) Miss Gaunt, Mrs Eyre, Miss Nott, Mr Wood, Mr. Bromwich, Don Bower, Mrs Clarke and the clinically insane Mr Madden!!