What school did you go to and when?

Hi there,

I went to

Beck Rd junior school,,,, (shiregreen)

Then to ECCLESFIELD COMP SCHOOL on chapeltown rd

1993 - 1998

it was great.....

any one else got o ecclesfield comp?

Hinde House School 73-78. Now, as a mature, married man who lectures in Higher Ed, I look back on those days and smile at the memories of long-lost schoolfriends. Unfortunately, I also remember [with few exceptions] the appallingly poor "teachers" foisted upon us. I remember the fat, inadequate little Art teacher who told me that he, "couldn't ****ing care less" if I failed my O levels. I remember too, huge classes in which conditions of near-riot prevailed. I remember the gormless, female science teacher who, when I sat opposite her with my parents on Open Day, admitted that she didn't know who I was. The school motto said it all really ; "Integrity, Endeavour". Be honest, and try... how unutterably pathetic!

Hiya

I went to Hillfoot from 66 to 70.

Then Crookesmoor from 70 to 73.

Then Tapton from 73 to 77

Had a brill time at Tapton!Wish I could go back & do it all again!

Rick Savage out of Def Leppard was in my year!

I have lived in Sheffield sice '81 and before that visited the city regularly from '76.

I went to school in Dewsbury, West Yorks - any one else on the Forum from Dewsbury?

*takes deep breath*

Shortbrook Middle School

Carter Lodge

Hillsbrough House

Norton College

Sheffield Hallam

Castle College

:)

Originally posted by draggletail

I have lived in Sheffield sice '81 and before that visited the city regularly from '76.

I went to school in Dewsbury, West Yorks - any one else on the Forum from Dewsbury?

I live in Liversedge near Dewsbury but originate from Sheffield, moving up here when I got married

I went to Prince Edward School at the Manor top 1935/38 when Percy Sefton was head master(pity there arent more headmasters like him now) I passed the school recently and it is still going strong

Originally posted by kitkat

any one else go to ecclesfield comp?

Yep me.. 1990-1995

Originally posted by qazitory

[b

]I thought I would start a new topic off! [/b]

went to shiregreen left 1944

them was the days a clip on earholewas allowed

and you told your parents you got another

Originally posted by eltel

I live in Liversedge near Dewsbury but originate from Sheffield, moving up here when I got married

You swapped the city for a pretty small town - do you miss it here, or does Liversedge 'suit you?' The only thing I ever missed from Dewsbury was the big old stone buildings (ex Mills) In the 70s they became nightclubs, Now it's good to see some of them made into housing (flats) - still enjoy the 'stoney-ness' of Dewsbury when I visit.

Like Sheffield better, though:D

Anyone remember Mr Crowe from Chaucer

I left in 1975

started as firs hill nursery, then on to longley infants and juniors then finally left firth park school in 1998! not many people that went to firth park on here! i loved the brushes building also! really upset it got knocked down :-(