What school did you go to and when?

Convent high school

St Patricks......Lane top

Hi, I went to Lydgate Primary, Juniors and Middle schools and then King Edward VII school (1977 to 1983) - those were the days!!!!

Me too. Started at Lydgate Infants 1948 and left King Teds Xmas 1959. My teacher for the last couple of years at Lydgate was Mr Savile. He may have still been there when you attended. I remember Messrs Ainsworth, Doughty, Mrs Pollard and Misses Wagstaff and Urquhart. And Mrs Black from the Infants.

Edit. Just seen you on another thread. You knew Ronald Peck, the Head.

yes, that's right!!! Mr Peck retired about 1976 from Lydgate Middle - I got his autograph before he left....(!!!) I don't know any of the names you suggest except there was a Miss Wagland - she taught my mother as well, about the late 1930s/early 1940s, so I'm guessing she was still there when you were, she taught spelling and sewing and the 2 things we can both do are Spell and Sew!!!!! The Centenary sounds interesting.....

I went to yewlands. I left 1989.before that I had 2 years at foxhill school.

Sharrow Lane school.

If getting older means getting better,then I must be bordering on magnificent.

Sharrow Lane school.

Went to Sharrow Lane Elementary.There sure were some strict teachers there in my time.In my last year with Miss Roberts I used to get the cane on the average of once every two days

Hi Eileen,

Like me,you are a veteran,must be if you can remember the cane! I left Xmas '36 and I too felt the cane on my hand a few times. My last teacher was Mr Godfrey. You could'nt get much further away from Sheff !

Hi Eileen,

Like me,you are a veteran,must be if you can remember the cane! I left Xmas '36 and I too felt the cane on my hand a few times. My last teacher was Mr Godfrey. You could'nt get much further away from Sheff !

Hi Blitzer,Not sure when the cane went in Sheffield but I know it was still being wielded by Miss Roberts quite a few years later.Before it died out completely in England I think it was around at least to the end of the 50's.

Getting my sums wrong and opening my mouth were the reasons I got it and everyone in the class too at some time.She used to stand behind the blackboard and we would stand in a queue for our turn!I left in 1947

Now you must be a Sharrow boy.I lived in Mount St

Yes unfortunately I live a long way away and it wasnt a free choice!Still a big thing to me! Been here since 1959 but been back 7 times since 1996 last time 2 years ago

Hi Blitzer,Not sure when the cane went in Sheffield but I know it was still being wielded by Miss Roberts quite a few years later.Before it died out completely in England I think it was around at least to the end of the 50's.

Getting my sums wrong and opening my mouth were the reasons I got it and everyone in the class too at some time.She used to stand behind the blackboard and we would stand in a queue for our turn!I left in 1947

Now you must be a Sharrow boy.I lived in Mount St

Yes unfortunately I live a long way away and it wasnt a free choice!Still a big thing to me! Been here since 1959 but been back 7 times since 1996 last time 2 years ago

Hi Eileen,

I certainly am a Sharrow boy,and I was pleasantly surprised to find you used to live in Mount Street. Crikey! I lived in Ashley Road,with the back entrance to the house in Mount St. Sadly Ashley rd was demolished many years ago and replaced with a block of flats,but one side of the old Mount St still survives. I had three friends who lived in Mount St. Have you had a look at the district courtesy of Google Earth? Never seen so much greenery. Mount St stands out quite well. I have'nt been for some years now. You put me to shame by visiting so often from so far. Which side of Mount St did you live?

Hi Eileen,

HI was mr Godfrey's first name Dan?if so Ihad many drinks and chats with him Cheers Arthur.