Airport security put on 'Critical Alert'. Attack expected 'imminently'

We should all be thankful that today we are discussing a thwarted terrorist attack rather than mourning the deaths of hundreds of people if the security actions were ott so be it as has been said before the terrorists only need to get lucky once the people who protect us have to be lucky all the time

The 18 who have been arrested are British Muslims & the security services with the help of the police are looking for 2 more.

Thing what gets me about these people is they are born here but have a grievence against the country that offers them an opportunity to flourish more than any muslim country could ever do. I think if they are guilty and they are parents of Pakistani muslims send them back to Pakistan and see what there life would be like in a country like that. Talk about hypoctites. Its time the government had the balls to abandon the human rights act that encourages scum like these people to make headlines like these

Thing what gets me about these people is they are born here but have a grievence against the country that offers them an opportunity to flourish more than any muslim country could ever do. I think if they are guilty and they are parents of Pakistani muslims send them back to Pakistan and see what there life would be like in a country like that. Talk about hypoctites. Its time the government had the balls to abandon the human rights act that encourages scum like these people to make headlines like these

This thread is for the discussion of the thwarted terror attack.

It is NOT for discussion of immigration policies. There are separate threads for that - don't try dragging this thread off topic or you'll pick up a ban like a couple of other people have already done today.

Thanks.

don't try dragging this thread off topic or you'll pick up a ban like a couple of other people have already done today.

We're up to 3 bans from this thread now!

We're up to 3 bans from this thread now!

Because people are getting fed up with the "stick your head in the sand solution".:rant:

Make that 4!

just a thought but is this going to create a knock on effect towards other non terrorist muslims,will it take one man to watch one of them if he/she is working as a baggage handler at an airport,it was only a few weeks ago two were suspended from the met ,they were found to have attended courses in training camps abroad so they appear to have a well established network

what about other transport methods,will we be sure that workers havent planted anything in say a ferry or express train, this tactic was widley used in norway during the german occupation, we can never,no matter what the future brings ,be one hundred percent certain of our security again.

as planes have to fly a fixed flight path it would be reletavly easy to plant a radio activated devise in the hold of any transport plane and detonate it remotely en route,the same with any other passenger transport that has fixed times and paths,then of course theres the power industry to defend,it will cost millions and millions of pounds to keep up the vigilance,this i believe is what eventually cause the government to take drastic and severe measures toward immigration,not the cost of lives but the cost in cold hard cash

I'm flying out tomorrow, I expect a delay, just hope they don't cancel. I won't give in to these cowards :rant:

I'm flying out tomorrow, I expect a delay, just hope they don't cancel. I won't give in to these cowards :rant:

Well said be carefull youll get a ban:thumbsup:

Make that 4!

Very democratic of you, by the way.:thumbsup:

Sorry, but I dont believe a word of this story.

It's all government spin to detract from the part Britain and the US are playing in the middle east crisis.

If some terrorists are arrested: ( muslim ones at that ), then the world may think it's ok for Britain and America to help Israel bomb the Lebanese ( terrorist's ). . . .

Nothing has actually happened, just the warning levels have gone up?? :confused::suspect: alot of chaos caused and the government will come out looking like hero's!

Sorry, but I dont believe a word of this story.

It's all government spin to detract from the part Britain and the US are playing in the middle east crisis.

If some terrorists are arrested: ( muslim ones at that ), then the world may think it's ok for Britain and America to help Israel bomb the Lebanese ( terrorist's ). . . .

Nothing has actually happened, just the warning levels have gone up?? :confused::suspect: alot of chaos caused and the government will come out looking like hero's!

Initially I thought it could be spin its gone too far for that.

Not only in terms of the cost to the tax payer and the economy but in terms of the racial hatred it as stirred up. Any government that would knowingly incite such hatred would be driven out of office surely.