Sign in to follow this  

Radio Drama Scriptwriters

I'm a huge Goons fan myself, Spike Milligan worked his magic on his own seperate playing field. I always found there was far more to learn from Galton and Simpson though. Their plot construction, dialogue and characterisation were the best in the business.

Yes, I loved The Goons.Spike Milligan was also good on t.v.later on.Galton & Simpson were terrific writers.I loved "Steptoe & Son"

The Q series from milligoon was perfect for the radio and TV.

His type of humour,is my type of humour.Crazy.! :thumbsup:

His type of humour,is my type of humour.Crazy.! :thumbsup:

I have the Pakistani Dalek sketch on here somewhere. hilariously insane.

I have the Pakistani Dalek sketch on here somewhere. hilariously insane.

Funny thing is he was the same in real life,as when he was on t.v.or radio.He didnt really need a script. Tony Hancock was brilliant.I recently saw some old episodes of his on Sky.Makes you realise what crap script writers we have today.& he was fantastic when paired with Sid James.

I did a piece for university, 2 vesions of the same story, one writtern for film, the otehr for radio and I've actaully re-jigged it to post on here, but its a long short (or a short long!) piece of narrative.

one day I may get round to sharing it...!!

I do like writing radio plays, but for some reason seldom listen to ones produced!