Where can i find Rabbit Breeders?

I'm looking to buy a young Rabbit and i grudge buying from large petshops, i've looked around sanctuarys and can't get one from there as i can't just just choose one or two as i feel sorry for them all!

My next route was going to be a rabbit breeder or from a rabbit show but i can't seem to find any in the Yorkshire area? Advice please!:D

search google, theres loads

I must be doing it wrong, i couldn't find any :huh:

I'm looking to buy a young Rabbit and i grudge buying from large petshops, i've looked around sanctuarys and can't get one from there as i can't just just choose one or two as i feel sorry for them all!

My next route was going to be a rabbit breeder or from a rabbit show but i can't seem to find any in the Yorkshire area? Advice please!:D

The only breeder I know locally is in Sutton in Ashfield, which is more Nottingham area.

I'd keep looking around, go to the RSPCA etc though.

Its better to get an older bun than a younger one.

seeyoujimmy I know of someone who is wanting to get rid of a rabbit. I know that sounds awful but it was not meant to be. She has found that she cannot look after the rabbit as well as she feels he needs looking after, He is about 8 months old and is a lop eared rabbit if you P.M. me I will pass on both sets of details.

I think maybe people are looking for the wrong type of breeder here...

I would suggest that you need someone who shows rabbits, rather than someone who breeds for profit.

If you know which breed of rabbit you are interesting in contact the British Rabbit Council 01636 676042, they will advise you of local breeders or a particular club in your local area.

Please don't look in the small ads, that is even less regulated than pet shops which sell livestock.

The long haired dwarf rabbit on that website is going to be a nightmare for someone :( long haired rabbits, such as the angora, need daily grooming, small rabbit with long hair are very likly to suffer from GI problems due to the amount of fur they ingest. £10 will seem like peanurs once you start visiting your vet on a regular basis!

Hi, i dont know wether you have a rabbit yet but my sandy lionhead gave birth at the weekend and in about two months they will be ready for re-homing. So if you are still looking then contact me. If anyone else is interested let me know. I dont want anything for them, just that they go to a good loving home.

If you go onto this website http://www.rabbitbreeders.co.uk/forums/ you should be able to get advice and find a breeder to get a rabbit from. I would definately recommend buying from a breeder as you are less likely to get a rabbit that suffers from health problems.

Hi there. If you are interest I have 2 babay lop rabbits for sale, £10 each. THey are very cute and are 9 weeks old