Anyone go to Hartley brook school?

Has there ever been a reunion for Hartley Brook pupils from the years 1960 to 65 does anyone know? or is there anything being planned.

My name was maureen Flood I went to Hartley Brook from 61-66 before I went to Chaucer.i am still in touch with a few people I went to school with and have contacted a few more through facebook. I loved my time at Hartley brook and remember a lot of the teachers names. Miss Packer, Miss Heaton, Miss Blachford, Mrs Wooffitt, the Gallaghers, Mr Hutchinson senior and Junior, Pop Allen, Mr Bennett, Mr Brown Mr Webster.and Mr Inman. My friends at school were Pattie Tomlinson Elaine Wainwright, Sheila a Wilson, Ann Hall Ann March Hilary Webster, Alan Buckley Graham Ward.

i'm an old hartley brooker - but i left in 1962. I located several guys and gals from that era through friends reunited but have lost touch since. I'm mick redfearn if there are any old school mates out there give me a yell.

we played rugby against them, bunch of pussies

Tara I was at hartley Brook about the same time as you and remember some of the people you have named. I wonder if you knew my brother Trevor or myself. My maiden name was Salkeld.

sorry about the mix up, no i did not go to Hartley brook school. I was trying to trace an old friend of mine. SHEILA TIMMINS. She would be about80 now. been trying to trace her for 20 yrs. cheers Roy.

we played rugby against them, bunch of pussies

Must have been a different year to the one I played in, won Price cup, 1963?

No pussies when I played, Harry Fish, Dennis Topham, Mick Greenwood,Bugsy Megson, Mick Lee, to name a few.

think it was 1975 in juniors. shes in the top building with the infants now. think she stillscares the pants off some of the kids though. in the last year b4 goin to firth park myteacher was mr parkin, we all got rapped on knuckles with the ruler from him. was youthere when mr fearnley was the headmaster or was that b4 you were there. debs

i remember mr fearnley laughin at me tryin my best to write neat for the school handwritin comp.... spelt my own name wrong....

i remember mr "ta-ta-tahtey-tah" kay & mr parkin and i remember mrs jacques too - i liked mrs jacques...

who remembers the lil scottish "dinner lady" who kept us under her watchful eye in the playground.... aha....i remember mrs rodgers... bless her.

yes I was at Hartley Brook in early 1960s. Mick Redfern was at the school when I was there. We last saw each other in northern Canada. He was from Beall St and I was from Britnall St. in Attercliffe. I enjoyed my time at school.

When we were there Pop Allen was the head teacher and Cyril Webster was the deputy head. Both were deadly with the cane!

Mr. Gallaher was the rugby teacher and Mr. Smith the PT/football teacher.

Miss Inman was "the bell of the ball" and married Mr Southerd or Gallaher ?

I was in Miss Dixons and Mr. Hutchinson Jr. and Sr. classes. There was also a Mr. Inman (no relation)

So please email if you were there with me, and let me know about the past 40-50 years ! To Mick Redfearn, please drop me an email at glennepickard@hotmail.com

---------- Post added 26-06-2015 at 18:34 ----------

I had to laugh at the post from "JustmeGlynn."

I was at HB 10-12 years B4U, and do I remember the "Death jump" down at the brook. Tried it myself successfully once, but never went back for more. Its still in exactly the same place, I was in Sheffield this past April !

Yes we did the same thing with the small loaves and chips from the shop !

I went to Hartley Brook school in May 1963 when my parents moved to Shiregreen. I remember the names mentioned before but sad to hear about Mick Greenwood...... was he not in the cricket team with Brian Steers? I was in the team a year or so later. Names of some pupils in my year are John Colville, Raymond Hardy, Jimmy Milne, Ralph Ferrett and girls, Pamela Roe, Christine Hickey, Lynne Batty and Ann Joswiak. Mr "Pop" Allen, the headmaster and teachers, Gallagher, Hutchinson, Brown (2) Burkinshaw and Cyril Webster, who I thought was a superb teacher. I left in 1965 having stayed on for a fifth year to take RSA exams. Was anyone there at this time ?

Hi i was also in the same year as you and remember all of the names you put i am john barton there was also Albert Grey, Arthur Housley, Phillip Gill, i left in 1964 and now retired

What a trip down memory lane !!! I was at Hartley Brook until 1964 I believe it was, I also took the RSA exams in year 5. Pop Allen was the Head with Mr. Webster the assistant head, and Mr. Brown (a little crazy with the cane), Mr. Lawson, Mr. Burkinshaw, , Mr. Inman, Mr. Smith (PT), Mr. Southerd (the best), Mr. Hutchinson x 2. Earlier on there was a miss Dixon and a blond Miss Inman who I was told had married Mr. Gallaher ??? I bet good old HB hooked up many people !

I was in the Rugby team (Mr. Gallagher) also with some of the names mentioned. So sad to hear of Mick Redfern and Mick Greenwood having passed on. John Curtan(rugby team) and Terry Morgan(football team) have also gone, and also a Pauline McDonald who was in the year behind me (an old girlfriend). Also in the year behind me were some good looking girls, Denise Hersey and Elaine Gilpin, also Kathleen Hickey, and behind them came Jane McCormick, Christine Hickey and Eileen Smith. Many more, can't remember all the names, in my class were Christine Garner, Yvonne Mears, Christine Milner and Susan Lee.

By the way I heard that Kathleen Hickey is not in good health, does anyone know how I could contact her or Christine to find out how she is?

Are there any plans for an HB reunion ? If not I went to an "Attercliffe" reunion in March this year at the Attercliffe Liberal Club, on Attercliffe Rd, opposite the Adelphi. It had about 6 or 7 Hartley Brookers there out of 80 people, had a great time. I believe they might do another one in early 2016 (keep watching this space). It would be great if we could all try to attend and see old friends ! We were all 14 or 15 then in the HB days, now all in our sixties, I am sure there would be many great stories to listen to !

Ive often wondered about a Hartley Brook reunion too, I was there between 1961 to 65. In the fourth year I was in class 4 a 1, my class teacher being Mr Webster, I am Keith N if anyone remembers me.

Keith:

what is your last name and which district were you from ? Sounds like you might have been a year or two behind me