Anyone go to Hartley brook school?

Is the Hartley Brook school the one in Gregg House Rd. If it is I went there in 1937, the infant school. I went and had a look at the school a couple of years ago, the front entrance behind the gates had been bricked up.Can't remember much of that time except my first day at school I was given some string and a box of beads to play with. On the outbreak of the war, the school was closed and we went to private houses in small groups for lessons.

I cannot remember the school ever being closed, I was went there when I was 5, 1944.

The school closed for a short period in 1939 into 1940. It was closed when war was declared because of the fear it may be bombed, after several months when nothing happened, it was re-opened.

is there any body from hartley brook 1955 to 1960 out their or am i the last one standing

Yes,I went to Hartley Brook from 1955 to 1959 when I left to start work.

In my first year I was in Mr Smith's class, second year Ms Dixon's class, third year Bob Hutchinson's class & finished up in my last year in Mr

Gallagher's class.

---------- Post added 29-11-2013 at 18:11 ----------

I went there from about 59 to 63. Teachers were Mr Inman, (beast) Mr Southerd Mr gallagher (great) Miss Dixon, Mr Hutchinson snr Mr Hutchinson (weird) Mr Webster (fabulous).

Anyone know what happened to Mr Southerd I think he transferred to Myers Grove after I left.

Mr Southard died some 15/20 years ago of a brain disorder. Not only was he one my teachers, he also became a close neighbour of mine in later years

anybody remember Carol Compton she lived on Gregg house road

I was at HB from 1965 to 1966.

Mr Gallagher was the Geography teacher, married to the Art teacher. I met him a few years ago at the Ranmoor Conservation Society that I was chairing and we had a polite disagreement about some Victorian house balustrading that I thought would look better in oak and mahogany, and he defended, quite rightly, the beautiful metal balusters in the photos. He was our Rugby coach and in 1966 we were the first team to beat Hurlfield Boys at Rugby in a match at Corcord Park. I remember Jean France and Steve Smith, John Strutt, and a horrible music teacher called Mr Inman who swung from the rafters with metronomic timing. I left to go to Central Technical School in Gleadless with 4 other boys.

Hi graham biggins here I went to Hartley brook in the mr fearnley and mr Kay era ....please contact if you know or remember me

I was at HB from 1965 to 1966.

Mr Gallagher was the Geography teacher, married to the Art teacher. I met him a few years ago at the Ranmoor Conservation Society that I was chairing and we had a polite disagreement about some Victorian house balustrading that I thought would look better in oak and mahogany, and he defended, quite rightly, the beautiful metal balusters in the photos. He was our Rugby coach and in 1966 we were the first team to beat Hurlfield Boys at Rugby in a match at Corcord Park. I remember Jean France and Steve Smith, John Strutt, and a horrible music teacher called Mr Inman who swung from the rafters with metronomic timing. I left to go to Central Technical School in Gleadless with 4 other boys.

We beat Hurlfield in 1962 Price cup final at Hurlfield.

Hi Graham

Yes i remember you we used to sit next to each other in infant school I Lived on Homestead Road.

Hi I went to Hartley brook around 1964 ish ...then up to firth park ...miss Hendie was my favourite

---------- Post added 30-06-2014 at 18:56 ----------

Pamela Salkeld ..not sure how to spell it.....hope your well

Hi Graham,

I am very well thank you, not sure my body would agree as ive just got back from the gym lol. I hope that you are well too goodness its been a long time where do the years go. Do you still live in Sheffield if so do you see anyone else we went to school with. I left Sheffield over 30 yrs ago and haven't been back for about 20.

does anyone remember Carol Crompton or Compton and if so do you know

where she is now