Anyone go to Hartley brook school?

I went to hartley brook school, 1993-1997, mr booth was the head teacher, a very lovely man and great head teacher!

I went to hartley brook school, 1993-1997, mr booth was the head teacher, a very lovely man and great head teacher!

my son kyle mccall went to hartley brook at that time he was in miss friths class but left halfway through yr2 cause we moved house

Hello to everyone out there. I went to Hartley Brook School as a five year old in Seotember 1939, the same month as the war started. I lived on Nethershire Lane. My first teacher was called Miss Ivy Eaton or it may have been Heaton I am not sure which. The headmistress was Miss Atkinson. The school opened in 1935 and we used to celebrate this every May Day with a procession round the school with the May Queen for that year leading. Miss Eaton was also my teacher for standard three and four up to the time when we took our eleven plus. I left that year and went to The Junior Art Department of the College of Art. That was the year the war ended. I would be interested to hear from anyone who was there round about that time.

I went there from about 59 to 63. Teachers were Mr Inman, (beast) Mr Southerd Mr gallagher (great) Miss Dixon, Mr Hutchinson snr Mr Hutchinson (weird) Mr Webster (fabulous).

Anyone know what happened to Mr Southerd I think he transferred to Myers Grove after I left.

I went to HBS my form teacher was Mr Brown the worst one was Mr Hyman the music teacher (he was always throwing the board rubber at us) Do you remember Mr Trevethicks wife who also was at the school I left in 68/69

My what a turnaround, as he was an almost permanent fixture in the Bookies my Dad went to Lol.

Remember Shaun really well.

I bumped into Shaun about 14 or 15 years ago. He was living and working in Bournemouth. We had a couple of pints and if my memory serves me well he was working as a chef or involved in catering.

Did anyone go to Hartleybrook school 1959 onwards as never read about anyone go there.

I went to Hartleybrook secondary modern in 1959. I was in class 1a1 with Mick Redfearn, Kenny Grayson, Meagan Sharrock, John White. Mick Greenwood, Jimmy Slack, Pat Smith.

Teachers wer Southerd, Inman, Gallagher, Hutchinson, Webster, Head teacher was Pop Allen.

lizzybee plenty of information about hartelybrook just put name of school in and see what comes up .I went to HB in 1963 following my sisters there We had a french teacher called Ramsdon pe teacher Burkinshaw and one called lowery

my husband john holland went to hartley brook and remembers all the names clegane has mentioned he left chrstmas 1962 . sadly mick greenwood is no longer with us

my husband john holland went to hartley brook and remembers all the names clegane has mentioned he left chrstmas 1962 . sadly mick greenwood is no longer with us

I remember John, he played rugby with Mick Lee, Dennis Topham, Dave Simmonite, Harry Fish, Alan Ellis, Bugsy Megson, sorry to hear about Mick Greenwood, Mick Redfern also gone.

I went to Hartley Brook school in May 1963 when my parents moved to Shiregreen. I remember the names mentioned before but sad to hear about Mick Greenwood...... was he not in the cricket team with Brian Steers? I was in the team a year or so later. Names of some pupils in my year are John Colville, Raymond Hardy, Jimmy Milne, Ralph Ferrett and girls, Pamela Roe, Christine Hickey, Lynne Batty and Ann Joswiak. Mr "Pop" Allen, the headmaster and teachers, Gallagher, Hutchinson, Brown (2) Burkinshaw and Cyril Webster, who I thought was a superb teacher. I left in 1965 having stayed on for a fifth year to take RSA exams. Was anyone there at this time ?