Anyone go to Hartley brook school?

Leaving about 1990-91 ish,in mr Trevethicks class!! the guy with all the guitars on the wall.:thumbsup:

I'm an old Hartley Brooker - but I left in 1962. I located several guys and gals from that era through friends reunited but have lost touch since. I'm Mick Redfearn if there are any old school mates out there give me a yell.

mr trevethick was my form teacher

which would have been around 80-81

spoke to him on the phone a while ago he lives up at loxley

taught us english and also taught me how to play chess

I went to Hartley Brook School in the 1970's, John Booth was my favorite teacher :thumbsup: but i will never forget Mr Kay "That's you playtime gone west" or "decorate the corridors at playtime" good times :)

Hi

I went to Hartley Brooke in the 70s. I remember the fire and the dungeons under the school. Names that spring to mind,, HeryEtta. Micheal ball.Steven ransom, Paul webster. Glynn Vaughan ( thats me HEE HEE ) Glen foulds. David henry (was that henry etta ? ) A girl whose uncle used to have a fishing tackle shop next to Law brothers petrol station.. second name Hutchinson i think ?.etc etc

Do you remember the Death jump down at the brooke??. And cobbin it at dinner time. (share a small uncut loaf with your mate then rake out the bread, and ask the chip shop to fill it wi chips then push the raked out bread back in and MUNCH) MMMMMMMM

I could go on all night but its late so byyyeeee for now

Fairboyglynn

I went to Hartley Brook School in the 1970's, John Booth was my favorite teacher :thumbsup: but i will never forget Mr Kay "That's you playtime gone west" or "decorate the corridors at playtime" good times :)

Remember Kayman well. Singing Christmas carols in the hall with him on the piano. He'd b****k the whole room when we all hit the high notes in Silent Night. Ar bless him

mr trevethick was my form teacher

which would have been around 80-81

spoke to him on the phone a while ago he lives up at loxley

taught us english and also taught me how to play chess

Taught me chess as well. Along with Trevor Wattam and Scott West. Must have been about '76.

We all went on to play for Sheffield :roll:

Is the Hartley Brook school the one in Gregg House Rd. If it is I went there in 1937, the infant school. I went and had a look at the school a couple of years ago, the front entrance behind the gates had been bricked up.Can't remember much of that time except my first day at school I was given some string and a box of beads to play with. On the outbreak of the war, the school was closed and we went to private houses in small groups for lessons.

Is the Hartley Brook school the one in Gregg House Rd. If it is I went there in 1937, the infant school. I went and had a look at the school a couple of years ago, the front entrance behind the gates had been bricked up.Can't remember much of that time except my first day at school I was given some string and a box of beads to play with. On the outbreak of the war, the school was closed and we went to private houses in small groups for lessons.
Ii went to the Hartley Brook infant school and remember the bars of chocolate handed out when the war was over, they had been stored during the war, and as sweets were on ration this was a real treat.:)

Anyone remember when the bottom half of HBS caught fire?