Dog Training Classes (merged thread)

can anyone help me i have a 13 month old staffy i only bought her over a month ago the previous owner said she is brillaint with children and thats why i bought her but recently she as started snapping at my 5 year old boys face twice he as just been giving her a cuddle but yesterday as he was just playing with his cars next to her and she just sort of snapped is there anything i can do or is the only answer giving up my dog????

can anyone help me i have a 13 month old staffy i only bought her over a month ago the previous owner said she is brillaint with children and thats why i bought her but recently she as started snapping at my 5 year old boys face twice he as just been giving her a cuddle but yesterday as he was just playing with his cars next to her and she just sort of snapped is there anything i can do or is the only answer giving up my dog????

The first thing is not to allow your son to cuddle her, most dogs dislike being cuddled. I would also keep her away when you son is playing for the moment and teach your son to do basic training with her so she sees him as being in control and that he is a able to give rewards for good behaviour.

A dog trainer will give you some simple excerises to do and better advice :)