Dog Training Classes (merged thread)

The next new dogs night is on the 9th of July for anyone with a dog who is 6months and above to join, if your dog is under the age of 6months then you can start any week. this is at hillsborough knine club

http://hillsboroughknineclub.googlepages.com

hi i live in rotherham does anyone know of classes local to me many thanks

yes there is a dog training club at Attercliffe, its on monday nights at 7pm at Grimesthorpe family centre on holywell road. if your dog is under 6monthas old it can start on any monday however if it is 6month or over you would have to strt on a new dogs night which i can find out when the next one is for you if you are interested?

There website is http://attercliffedogtrainingclub.com/

laura

Edited by Gatley

Hello,

I live in Woodhouse, does anyone know of any puppy/dog training classes near me?

Thanks

Steve

Sorry for resurrecting a very old thread.

Does anyone know if any of these classes still on?

(St tims Church in crookes Tues at 7pm, St Andrews in S11 or ADTC in attercliffe mon at 7pm?

Any other info on basic dog training classes would be great- In the evenings ideally

Thank you

I know the St Tim's Church class is no longer running on Tuesday because I started using the hall after the original user stopped. There is a course up there on Friday evenings 7:30 - 8:30 that I run, it's an 8 week course and the first class in this course starts tomorrow! I do have a couple of spaces if you'd like to come to this one? Email me :)

[email protected]

Just seen ths a take it ur nt keen

yes there is one at Halifax road, at the Wadsley Bridge Dog Society or something. I can't voice my opinions here so will pm you :thumbsup:

No its great i love itx

If this is the one I went to previously and was incredibly unimpressed, then I shall have to go again.

When I went they were two weeks(?) off completing the course and the pups still weren't sitting anywhere near on cue...

I'll explain what I didn't like - as it's been questioned...

When I went, there was a lot of noise, dogs were very stressed and whilst the trainers dogs were clearly trained using positive, reward based methods, it seemed this hadn't been communicated strongly enough to the clients.

Dogs that weren't sitting on cue were being pushed into a sit, dogs that were setting off other dogs were being shouted at and it all seemed far too chaotic for me :( (especially as the seats were close together and I had to squeeze in with my dog who then wanted to get under the chair to meet the dog in front who didn't like other dogs!)

I may well consider going again if this isn't what others have experienced.

Edit: The trainers were very friendly though and sat with me, explaining the course to me.

Hi,

We have classes that are held at Handsworth on a Wednesday night.it is run in 8 week blocks and the next block start on the 27th April. booking only as we keep classes to 10 maximum. Please PM if you would like more details.

Hi Gemma! I remembered you from our conversations about volunteering at my classes. I had no idea you'd started up classes!

Could you let me have details so that if I get enquiries from people near you who can't travel or if I'm full up I can refer to you?

[email protected]

Hi Lotti,

I will email you detail and hopefully you can send me yours.