Shiregreen - what's it like?

Good luck with the wedding GabyS :thumbsup: xx

Thanks jillybabes and michelle

Neighbours? My landlord will be my neighbour -_-' for a while at least. lol.

Lived on Ivy Hall Road for about 5 years and Lived on Sicey Avenue for 10 years and never had any trouble at all,i wouldnt go near the shops late at night tho chuck,quite a few kids hang around.If ya ever go into Jacks chippy seay hi to the wifey as she works days there.

Hope ya enjoy it.

Thanks :) I don't think I'll go shopping late at night without my fiance. ^_^ Ooo, he's gonna be my husband in 8 days :D

hi lived in shiregreen for 38 years not bad just usual stuff gangs on shops etc make sure cars secure at night bad for breakins:)

we live on shiregreen, avoid the area if possible much nicer places to live, there is a nice park but they are planning to build so avid the area

I used to live on Shiregreen and never had any trouble, usual kids round the shops but never had any hassle personally

Its pretty much the same as anywhere you go and Ive lived all over Sheff

I have lived all over sheffield and cannot wait to get out of shiregreen, the people just do not care about the area it full of litter, yobs, joy riders heaven, there is a culture of unemployment yops hang round the shops getting drunk and its shocking going shopping at night, the police never turn up if theres a problem but the fire brigade are very good at coming to put the burning cars out.

Thanks for the opinions guys :) Bond's now been sent off, but if it's really awful we can move out after 6 months ^_^;

I have lived all over sheffield and cannot wait to get out of shiregreen, the people just do not care about the area it full of litter, yobs, joy riders heaven, there is a culture of unemployment yops hang round the shops getting drunk and its shocking going shopping at night, the police never turn up if theres a problem but the fire brigade are very good at coming to put the burning cars out.

It is mainly to do with political correctness, and a lack of discipline,Shiregreen will always be working class , many good families came from there and no doubt still do,but with the demise of any punishment in Society ,this as with many council areas, will battle to control unacceptable behaviour, in the old days people had some respect for police, they would not be sued ,and all the rest of the crap that goes on, bring back law & order.

I lived in Shiregreen for most of my early life, I only moved away two years ago. In my opinion there are only two negative points about the area:

1. It's true about the kids that hang round the shops but saying that in 30+ years they have never given me any trouble. (I think they are bored is all:)

2. On the positive side - A little known fact about Hartley Brook shops is it used to house the greatest 'Chippy' in the world...Queenies! Those were the days.

Other than that I have never met a better bunch of people anywhere, and that goes from Beck road up to Gregg house (the whole area pretty much).