My Baby's Driving Me Mad!

For the past 3 weeks he has whinged when around me none stop and i'm slowly going insane, he just doesn't know what he wants, he's 17 months old and from the age of 5 months to 9 months we had to live with his dad's parents, where i was made to feel like a bad mother because sometimes i let him cry for longer than a minute, in the end he was picked up as soon as he whimpered which has made him the way he is now, i want it to stop now before i seriously go mad, does anyone have any ideas? It hasn't helped that his dad's moved out recently so hes splitting his time between the two houses, one where he gets disciplined (mine) and the other where he can do what he wants as there's 5 of them to watch him. Please someone help me, i'm sat here crying my eyes out because i can't take much more.

awww i feel for u tinkabel! i would put your child in a safe playpen and leave the room for a while!:thumbsup:

I've sent you a PM hun :thumbsup: Try not to let things get on top of you :)

Poor little chap sounds as though he is very confused, all 4 of mine went through fases of being very clingy when they were around 18 months, it is very difficult you will just have to try and stick to the routine that you have with him have home. He will learn what he can get away with at different parents houses as 2 of my children regulary go to there dads, and my youngest who is 3 knows what he can get away with when he is with his dad, but knows his limits at home.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much everyone, by the time i'd finished writing my post he'd settled down, i've just put him in his buggy so he can still see me (he hates his cot at the moment!) so hopefully he'll feel secure enough to go to sleep watching tv lol!! i'm making myself sound like a bad mother here!!

This is a great idea having this seperate board! i think i'll be using it quite a lot!!

Thanks again everyone xx

stick to your routine hes still young enough to learn that crying wont always get you to come to him he will change in no time

Hi Tinkabel, hope you're feeling a bit better now hon. Little one's are very sensitive and pick up on your emotions and if you're stressed out. It must be so hard given the situation you explained.

<<<<<<Sending hugs>>>>>>>