Weaning recipes?

We did a thread about this, you might find it further back, I'll have a look too.

Edit - here we go:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132528&highlight=weaning

Hope it's all going well Jellyfish :)

I ultimately did all our normal meals without salt and pureed them so lots of rice or veg with bits of chicken etc, girls are pretty good and eat most things, food or otherwise :rolleyes:

I used Annabelle Karmel's Baby and Toddler meal planner as a pushing off point, and played around from there. I mostly made sure I gave him as many tastes as possible from as early as possible, and now he's a fabulous eater, not fussy at all, and always determined to try new things.

Have fun!

Thanks for the thread link Zebra, everything is going well thanks! It's all very exciting!

I think I will get the Annabelle Karmel book, it has been recommended a few times to me.

x

my friend has a child who is a seriously fussy eater and won't try anything. so after looking into it a bit they discovered that there is a theory that children are either 'tasters' or 'super tasters'.

tasters will try anything they are usually really good.

super tasters on the other hand have incredibly sensitive taste buds and won't try anything.

i realise this has very little to do with this thread but i just think its interesting!

Just wondering if anyone would like to share any recipies which would be suitable for an 8 month old baby who loves meals full of flavour?

Baby is really keen on jarred Hipp Organic baby food and not so much on home cooked food. I think I made the mistake of introducing jars because he's really taken to them and seems to prefer them as they are so full of flavour. A lot of the home cooked recipies I've tried are bland mashed veg and he's not too interested. Although his fave seems to be my cheese lentil savoury, I'd love to be able to do him small pasta shapes with tomato sauce but don't know how to make a tomato sauce suitable for a baby. Any advice would be much appreciate!

Just wondering if anyone would like to share any recipies which would be suitable for an 8 month old baby who loves meals full of flavour?

Baby is really keen on jarred Hipp Organic baby food and not so much on home cooked food. I think I made the mistake of introducing jars because he's really taken to them and seems to prefer them as they are so full of flavour. A lot of the home cooked recipies I've tried are bland mashed veg and he's not too interested. Although his fave seems to be my cheese lentil savoury, I'd love to be able to do him small pasta shapes with tomato sauce but don't know how to make a tomato sauce suitable for a baby. Any advice would be much appreciate!

just cook the pasta in tomato juice instead of water. By the time the pasta is cooked, the tomato juice has turned into a sauce.

Hi, i've got a weaning book from petis felious (That yoghurt brand LOL) if you go on their website and sign up they will send you one I presume. Also, i've been told to mash up bananas then spread onto a slice of bread and cut into fingers and offer your child one at a time. I've also been given tips like:- When your child simply refuses, let him. When he crys for more food, offer him the same food as before (Aslong as its not harmful to keep offering), Let your child walk away from the table when he wants too. He'll either be full or just simply bored with the concept of eating. And to eat with child at the table, eat the same stuff, and he'll simply get used to it that its not only offered to him, that 'mummy eats it too'. <--All of them I got off a website a long time ago when randomly browsing :hihi: Google weaning or baby recipes. You'll get lots of answers there too. :)

Gina.

That is a really dodgy looking title!!!

Thats what I thought, but held back off the really bad jokes. :)

PMSL...I need a holiday - I never even noticed...

lol guess I never noticed too - am wayyyy too shattered and if baby keeps me up again tonight he may well end up on the BBQ (kidding - don't call child services).