Sign in to follow this  

Moving to East Sheffield

Hi, I am a young professional who has just got a job in Doncaster.

I've decided I want to move to Sheffield, but has to be in good commuting distance of Donny, so near M1.

I have looked at other posts and see that Hackenthorpe, Woodhouse and Sothall sound OK.

Some-one has recommended Darnall, what's that like?

I'd prefer an area where there are other young professionals, and easy transport from Sheffield late at night, hope you can help,

Denz

No offence to anyone who lives there,but darnall aint exactly up there in places to live in sheffield. Have you considered the lakeside in Doncaster,some nice places out there. Whats your budget????

Haven't really looked at Doncaster, would prefer Sheffield as like a lively nightlife. My budget is max £400 per month, pref closer to £300 a month.

an affordable area nearish to city centre is Hillsborough - might be worth a look.

If your wanting to live in one of Sheffields better areas your definatly looking toward the top end of your budget.£400 doesn't really go that far i'm afraid,i think you'd be struggling to find anywhere in sheffield for £300. I know there are some new flats that have been built in the lower Norfolk Park area (S2) that are around £400 a month. The area has got a bit of a history for being a bit rough,but there is a lot of re-development going on at the minute there and now the tower block have come down its becoming a much more desirable place to live.Its close to town,the tram runs through there and the parkways not far away at all. I'd live there.

Apart from that i can't really think of anywhere else,obviously there are other areas but like i said £300 - £400 pcm ain't really that much anymore in Sheffield,sorry. :(

Good luck with your hunting and let us know how you get on.

Originally posted by Missy

an affordable area nearish to city centre is Hillsborough - might be worth a look.

Hillsborough to Donny isn't very practical for commuting.

i live in burngreave, / pitsmoor. has a reputation thats stuck with it but its much better now. I have seen no trouble. Close to centre, still quite cheap. the areas you mention i think are more family areas, are you planning on living on your own or in shared accomodation. Don't live in Darnell, it's an awful place. so is Tinsley. Avoid... If you want to be near people the the centre is your best option. meersbrook is quite nice and if you have to be at work in donny for 9am then traffic at 8am when you leave would not be too bad... more info on what living arangements you are going for are required

What is wrong with Darnall? Depends on which part of the area? It would be good for communiting. There isn't much at East Sheffield, apart from Winobank or Darnall?

Originally posted by neeeeeeeeeek

i live in burngreave, / pitsmoor. has a reputation thats stuck with it but its much better now. I have seen no trouble. Close to centre, still quite cheap. the areas you mention i think are more family areas, are you planning on living on your own or in shared accomodation. Don't live in Darnell, it's an awful place. so is Tinsley. Avoid... If you want to be near people the the centre is your best option. meersbrook is quite nice and if you have to be at work in donny for 9am then traffic at 8am when you leave would not be too bad... more info on what living arangements you are going for are required

EErrrrr dont u know pitsmoor is about six /seven miles from burngreave

Originally posted by nichelover

What ???????

Wow, someone likes talking rubbish don't they? A "35k a year PR Consultant at 22" (ahem) thinks that Pitsmoor is 6/7 miles from Burngreave? :loopy: This even dwarfs your ludicrous claim of Eckington school being one of the highest ranked in the country. Keep up the amusing posts!

Errrr not quite, maybe a mile away, but not 6 or 7!!