Penny Farthing

Does anyone remember the Penny Farthing on Eyre St ? one of the best clubs in town, not a big place but always packed and never much trouble,two good doormen (Len and Dave)kept everyone in order unless you wanted a slap...lol always a good atmosphere usually a few United and Wednesday players in there.Then off down to the Koh i Noor on Cumberland St for a curry after throwing out time.

I used to love the Penny Farthing. I met my husband to be in there , but of course that was over 30 years ago now!

Yes spent a many night in that place, had some good times there. Now I’m down under in Sydney Australia:clap:

The English shop i go to in the US is called Penny Farthing.

expensive, all imported though, but no Hendersons :(

Originally posted by jlwood

Yes spent a many night in that place, had some good times there. Now I’m down under in Sydney Australia:clap:

i think i saw joe cocker ?playing there ,o'haras playboys were another band used to play there. what year did you go to sydney?

Originally posted by owdlad

Does anyone remember the Penny Farthing on Eyre St ? one of the best clubs in town, not a big place but always packed and never much trouble,two good doormen (Len and Dave)kept everyone in order unless you wanted a slap...lol always a good atmosphere usually a few United and Wednesday players in there.Then off down to the Koh i Noor on Cumberland St for a curry after throwing out time.

I remember drinkin with graham pugh and branfoot i think is name was ,we used to play snooker with them down at the side of the park cinema when they"d finished training.. nice blokes.....just before the days of mega money for soccer stars...

I named my reataurant The Penny Farthing, here in California after that place!!

Didn't used to go in the Penny Farthing much, but the Koh i Noor yeh. I used to work in the Whetstone and we used to go in the Koh i Noor after the after time drinking sessions in the Pump or Whestone! Not a bad curry house if I remember correctly?

Couldn't pull though if you did not have a flash car or sports car though

Just found this thread. Those were the days, we used to go to the Penny Farthing every weekend and sometimes during the week. Hermitage down the bottom of the Moor was the last stop after zigzagging down town then off to the Penny Farthing. Saturdays were always best as all the footballers used to be in there. Then quite often off to a party after chucking out time. Where did all those good times go. More often than not now its an early doors at the local and in bed by 10!!!

was ii were europa is now?

Originally posted by kirky

was ii were europa is now?

No ii isnt where europa is now, but europa is where the Penny Farting used to be. :D