Does anyone know how to stop cats fighting ?

does anyone know how you get an older cat to stop attacking a new one we have just bought into the family? the oldest 1s about 14 weeks and the new 1 is 11?

i introduced a new kitten to my lot (old aged pensioner and one year old) cats the youngest really hated the kitten but after a few sniffs and me keeping a eye on them all the growling has stopped and they are best friends and sleep together so just persivere they will soon accept if not love each other.

same with mine.

My first kitten was 14 months when i introduced an 8 week kitten, she hated him but gradually over time they edged closer together on the sofa.

When i got my next one 5 months later the younger one loved having a new friend, the older one went back to belting her around the head, the same as what she did the the middle kitten!

Now they all get on and nearly 10 months after introducing the first one to the family i got my first picture of all three cats together!